Webchat with Tristram Hunt, Labour education shadow, MONDAY 27 April at 12 midday ×

To ask this mum why she led to dd?

(63 Posts)
Worriedmind Wed 17-Jul-13 12:13:53

Dd has a friend at school. I say friend but this child is only really interested when dd has or is doing something who but sen adores her.

Anyhow the mum was talking to me the other day when the girls came out.

The mum asked dd what she had got on her optional says as we had had parents evening and scores letter night before, dd said level 2/3. Oh that's a shame she said, little s got level fives but she doesn't have learning difficulties like you, dd was upset by this and the way it was said.

Anyway just sorting through the books and papers dd brought home and little s papers are amongst and she has same/lower than dd, I haven't read them btw its on front in big letters.

Worriedmind Wed 17-Jul-13 12:14:31

Lied not led.

LookMaw Wed 17-Jul-13 12:15:57

YANBU. What a bitch.

Worriedmind Wed 17-Jul-13 12:16:01

Who = special [hangs head in shame]

BrianTheMole Wed 17-Jul-13 12:16:49

Well tell dd that anyway. And have a conversation with her about why people, even grown ups, behave like this.

LookMaw Wed 17-Jul-13 12:17:49

The grown woman who lied to make a small child feel shit about herself. If I were in this position I would be letting her know how disgraceful her behaviour is.

Worriedmind Wed 17-Jul-13 12:22:19

If dd was achieving and scoring really well I might have understood her feeling need to compete but dd has sen and bottom of class.

Dahlialover Wed 17-Jul-13 12:24:36

I would return the papers to the school office, telling them you found them mixed up with your daughter's.

Tell your daughter she has good marks and you are pleased that she works hard.

Think hmm about this other mother, and use the summer to encourage your daughter to expand her friendship circle and improve her self esteem and social skills.

Wouldn't waste any time and effort on this woman.

Flobbadobs Wed 17-Jul-13 12:32:54

If it's printed on the front all you need to do is hand them back to the other mum without a word. She'll know that you know...
And enjoy a wonderful summer holiday with DD grin

I am I reading this right. You have the other girls results.

If so I would just give them back to the other mum with a knowing look that you know she is lying.

As for your DD encourage her. Show her take results don't matter as long as your DD is enjoying school and making positive choices and learning that all that matters.

ArtOfficial Wed 17-Jul-13 12:37:05

Hand them back to her with a big grin on your face grin

then forget all about the silly bitch

BrianTheMole Wed 17-Jul-13 12:39:23

Actually, yes just hand them back, say they were mixed up with dd's and say nothing else grin Silence says it all.

Worriedmind Wed 17-Jul-13 12:40:08

Yes the other girls papers were amongst dds which she brought home with her papers and books as end of term.

I will be handing them back to school.

pigletmania Wed 17-Jul-13 12:41:46

What a nasty piece of work, yes definitely hand them back, she will know you have seen them. Just keep this 'friendship' in school, and encourage your dd to make other friends outside

ThePeppermintHippo Wed 17-Jul-13 12:43:00

I agree, just hand I back with this look on your face hmm !

The mum sounds a right piece of work. Your poor dd to be talked to like that, but just try to keep encouraging her to do her best

DeWe Wed 17-Jul-13 12:47:06

You could hand the papers back to the lady saying "these must be from some years ago as it says your dd scored the same as my dd", or if you want to be really nasty "such a shame you made a mistake about your dd's marks. See she only got 2/3s-did you read the 2s wrongly as 5s?"

But it might get the school into trouble.

Xihha Wed 17-Jul-13 13:13:25

Id tell your daughter what the other girl really got and explain to her that the scores don't matter as long as she's tried her best. as for the other mum I'd just hand her the papers back and walk away.

YouTheCat Wed 17-Jul-13 13:18:25

How old are the kids?

Worriedmind Wed 17-Jul-13 16:08:56

ten,

YouTheCat Wed 17-Jul-13 16:12:47

Tell your dd the other woman lied.

Then hand the score sheet into school.

Poor DD. I'd be tempted to hand them back at the school gate and say "thanks for trying to make my Dd feel like shit" and walk away, head held high. What a bitch.

DoctorAnge Wed 17-Jul-13 16:24:33

Explain to your dd the woman lied and hand them back face to face to the bitch

BerylStreep Wed 17-Jul-13 16:27:45

I would hand them back to the woman, explain they had been mixed up in your DD's stuff. Then say nothing.

<Or you could say 'yes, these were mixed up with DD's stuff. You must have been reading another child's marks.' snigger>

I would also definitely cool it with her - even if her DD had got all 5s, she deliberately tried to set you and your DD up for her to make a bitchy dig.

CharlieAlphaKiloEcho Wed 17-Jul-13 16:33:46

I would hand them back to the mother in front of the girls and say to the other child " you got some great marks there! Well done! We can both be proud of our daughters!"

Show this evil women how it should be done as she clearly has no idea.

Owllady Wed 17-Jul-13 16:38:19

yes give them back to the Mum and kick her in the shins

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now