To think its too early in the morning for the people downstairs' music

(14 Posts)
Xihha Wed 17-Jul-13 03:19:09

Its 3am, fair enough their baby has just woken up but does that really mean they need to turn their rubbish dance music up louder each time the baby cries? and do they then need to spend all tomorrow morning arguing about having been up all night with the baby while the other parent did nothing?

I wouldn't mind betting if they turned the music down once in a while the poor baby might sleep a bit better, poor thing probably has a headache from the music, i know i do!

ChippingInHopHopHop Wed 17-Jul-13 03:22:38

Bloody ridiculous... have you asked them not to do it?

Xihha Wed 17-Jul-13 03:26:32

yup, the woman just went 'well you've got kids, you know they don't sleep well in this heat, what do you expect me to do, sit and listen to her crying?' and slammed the door.

ChippingInHopHopHop Wed 17-Jul-13 03:29:22

Oh, that would have wound me up! I've have hammered on her door until she opened it again and told her exactly what I expected her to do, in no uncertain terms. Soothe the baby quickly & quietly and that if she turned any music on in the middle of the night I would be calling noise control.

McGeeDiNozzo Wed 17-Jul-13 03:29:26

Not exactly "ambient noise" is it?

Xihha Wed 17-Jul-13 03:38:43

We are in council flats so i will have a chat with the housing officer tomorrow. I don't mind the baby crying and I would actually be glad to hear her soothing and talking to the baby or singing a lullaby, its better than loud music and occasional yells of 'wha' r ya fuckin cryin for naaaah?'

ChippingInHopHopHop Wed 17-Jul-13 03:52:49

Alternatively you could ask her if she wants to send the baby to me smile

She sounds like a right charmer, the housing officer might be a better bet! Don't want you getting a thwack around the chops!

Exhaustipated Wed 17-Jul-13 06:32:12

Poor you, that sounds horrible. And poor baby tbh - sounds like they're just turning the music up so they can't hear the baby sad

Buzzardbird Wed 17-Jul-13 06:46:19

report, sounds bad.

Euphemia Wed 17-Jul-13 06:59:59

Definitely report. Gits.

Xihha Wed 17-Jul-13 13:47:59

ChippingInHopHopHop, I think giving the baby to you might be a great option, I'm also considering going down and offering to babysit for a few hours, I don't think I can listen to the poor darling crying and being shouted at much longer! sadly a thwack round the chops is quite likely if i try, its a very rough area.

ChippingInHopHopHop Wed 17-Jul-13 14:00:03

I'd love to swoop in & take the baby away from that environment.

Poor little mite. How old is it?

Do you think there's anyway you could phrase it that wouldn't sound judgy? <for you to babysit that is, not for me to take it!!>

PastelMacaroons Wed 17-Jul-13 14:06:24

how awful I would be concerned for the baby to be honest.
crying and un comfortable then being blasted with dance music?

Xihha Wed 17-Jul-13 14:30:07

I would guess at about 6 months, I've not lived here long so dont really know the mum and its basically going to sound judgey whatever i say.

Where i am is temporary council flats and supported housing so a lot of the people here have support workers/social workers and inspections by the house manager every day, where as we don't, the council just dumped us here as there was no where else and the other parents already think Im snooty coz i wont let my 4 year old play in the street with their kids!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now