Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

To be freaking out about a Luther style murderer lurking upstairs...

(35 Posts)

Am sitting on my stairs at the moment acting as a human barrier to a potential Luther madman hiding upstairs. I heard some weird noises up there earlier and told myself not to be silly but having come back from picking the big dd up from school there have been loads of intermittent beeps from upstairs, not in any kind of pattern and its freaking me out

I have made the DDs sit in the living room and I am sitting on the stairs with the front door open waiting for my big tall DH to get home.

I am being silly I know but I can't bring myself to go up there......... grin shock

handcream Mon 15-Jul-13 17:15:17

For me it was the first eposide. The man slithering out from under the bed after the victim has washed, changed into her nightdress and gone to bed...

Now that was very scary....

Fortunately I have drawers under the bed so nowhere to hide....

EldritchCleavage Mon 15-Jul-13 17:23:40

Yes, any sensible person stuffs the space under his/her bed with dust-collecting random stuff, leaving no space for murderers.

The only time I have ever really thought someone was in the house I didn't do that telly thing of a weedy H-h-hell-ll-o-o'? while creeping around the house in the dark. I charged downstairs like a mad thing with my old hockey stick in my hands, switching on every light as I went. There was no one there, of course, and I felt very stupid.

eldritch grin at one poi t I got a knife and thought about it but then margined that weird toothbrush man standing pressing the smoke alarm and waiting.....

eyes I know I know. I honestly didn't think Luther would be quite so terrifying, the Blair Witch project finished me off and I can't watch scary films anymore, I can't even watch DH's zombie game. Total wuss.

EldritchCleavage Mon 15-Jul-13 23:01:58

LAst episode of luther tomorrow. DO NOT WATCH IT Charlie.

AmyFarrahFowlerCooper Mon 15-Jul-13 23:20:49

Why did I read this thread? I don't even watch Luther but after a thread the other day I watched those scary bits and shat myself. I'm scared again now <wibble> I always used to check under my bed before sleep and had JUST managed to stop. That's buggered now haha!

EldritchCleavage Mon 15-Jul-13 23:25:28

Amy, just fill the space under your bed with heavy stuff. Hey presto!

AmyFarrahFowlerCooper Mon 15-Jul-13 23:34:00

I tried that then I got scared someone could pull half out and hide in the middle shock I was pulling it all out every night to check blush

handcream Tue 16-Jul-13 18:59:44

Its on again tonight. Viligante killer so should be a good one.

Do you know Idris is tipped to be the next James Bond....

I'm looking forward to tonight's episode grin

I KNOW WHAT IT WAS!!!!!!

The silly smoke alarms, (we have four upstairs...) bleep randomly if the wind whooshes past them!!! <sigh>

I now have closure and can find something else to panic about. I am home alone tonight so can focus on that! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now