AIBU to think that shops selling Coca Cola should spend time putting the named bottles in alphabtical order...

(25 Posts)
Allthingspretty Mon 15-Jul-13 14:25:02

So that people can find their names easier?

sydlexic Mon 15-Jul-13 14:26:36

In this weather, YABU.

newestbridearound Mon 15-Jul-13 14:29:51

I can see the logic- but my husband works in retail and the staff have enough to be getting on with without having to worry that coke bottles are in alphabetical order! Plus it only takes a few people to come in, put ones back in the wrong place and it's all mucked up again.
YABU.

OhBuggerandArse Mon 15-Jul-13 14:29:55

YABU for drinking Coke. Try this instead.

PatsyAndEddy Mon 15-Jul-13 14:30:28

YANBU!!!!!

SarahAndFuck Mon 15-Jul-13 14:44:04

They are doing a tour so you can go to a local event and get any name you like (within reason) put on a bottle if you can't find the one you want on the official list.

They said they won't print anything that might offend but other than that, you can have any name you like on the label.

Frettchen Mon 15-Jul-13 14:48:31

YANBU! I ended up getting a Diet Coke because it had the old packaging rather than get a fat coke with someone else's name on it! I know they do my name, but I'm not going to rummage through a shop fridge for it!

But being serious, YAB (a little bit) U. It's not really a requirement of shelf replenishment.

What we need is a team of volunteer coke-orderers who could go round retail outlets alphabetising all the named coke bottles. It would be a perfect hobby for those amongst us who crave order and neatness.

Allthingspretty Mon 15-Jul-13 14:55:07

I am not being totallly serious btw

DeWe Mon 15-Jul-13 14:55:08

I just think coke is BU because they haven't done my name. They've done everyone else in my family and ds is working through his friends at school (buying them all one when he sees their name with his pocket money) but not my name. <sob> sad

SarahAndFuck Mon 15-Jul-13 14:57:08

DeWe check for the local events where you could have your own name label made for you.

DizzyPurple Mon 15-Jul-13 14:59:28

Work experience for the unemployed! Good literacy skills too..

Boggler Mon 15-Jul-13 16:01:04

Yanbu I suggested alphabetical order the other day in a local shop, tbh I actually wanted to sort it myself and did mange a rough rearrangement in loosely alphabetical order. I actually don't like drinking out a a bottle with Sam or Andrew on it it just doesn't feel right somehow.

SarahAndFuck Mon 15-Jul-13 16:20:44

DH was drinking out of a bottle that said Kayleigh on it the other day.

I'm not sure how he managed it. I'd have had to peel the label off.

They ought to put the names facing forward as that might help with the searching and cause less mess.

Pantone363 Mon 15-Jul-13 16:25:52

My friend works in the local shop and said the whole coke thing has been a nightmare.

People constantly rummaging through the bottles, asking if she knows if they've got x name, taking all the bottles out then just shoving them back, mixing them up and generally making a mess!

HenriettaPye Mon 15-Jul-13 16:40:11

I just said this to DH yesterday!!gringrin

WireCat Mon 15-Jul-13 16:51:36

I have searched the come tour thing, sad moo that I am! grin.

End of August in the Evil Empire!

Thyeternalsummer Mon 15-Jul-13 16:53:54

They should totally do this. Not managed to get a bottle with my name on yet as DP gets impatient at my rummaging through fridges, and offers to write my name on the bottle in permanent marker instead. He doesn't get it. Spoilsport! wink

CloudsAndTrees Mon 15-Jul-13 16:54:19

YANBU! And if they can't do that, they could at least put all the bottles with the names facing the front.

Iheartcustardcreams Mon 15-Jul-13 16:57:38

Yanbu!! Agree with clouds

PipkinsPal Mon 15-Jul-13 16:58:26

Unsure, do you mean A, B, C etc or proper alphabetical eg Alice, Andrew, Ann etc. People are messy buggers and will still rummage and jumble them up. It used to give me satisfaction when I went into the Range to try to put their craft stamps tidy but I was not only fighting a losing battle but wasting my time.

Bluecarrot Mon 15-Jul-13 17:07:03

A staff member in m&s helped me find one for dd. he wanted to kill the 10 mins before his break though !

Lj8893 Mon 15-Jul-13 23:46:17

Hahhahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

I work in retail (I don't sell food and drink but not the point) and would love it if I had time in my working day to do an unnessary task like that!

I actually find it really funny that people think that retailers have the time to do that!

And besides time, if I had just spent a fair amount of time sorting them into alphabetical order to just watch someone 5 minutes later rifle through them and mess it up, I would be sooooo frustrated!

beanandspud Mon 15-Jul-13 23:56:10

It would be very helpful grin. I am yet to find DS's name on a bottle even though I keep looking (and it is apparently on the official list)

I do find that I enjoy my diet coke much more with Dan, Sam or Nathan than I would with Emily or Stephanie!

StuntGirl Mon 15-Jul-13 23:56:58

What Lj said!

MiaowTheCat Tue 16-Jul-13 08:58:33

I keep going through to find the ones with "friends" on since I have no hope at all of getting one with my own name on and the tour's not coming here to get one printed.

It's pissing me off - residents of the baby names forum beware - in 10 years your child will hate you for not being able to get a coke bottle with their name on.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now