To ask what the fuck has happened to my face

(32 Posts)
MrTumblesBeerBelly Fri 12-Jul-13 21:20:19

I look so haggard!!

Had baby a year ago, gone up a dress size from 10 to 12, but other than that nothing has really changed. I'm 34, don't have many noticeable lines or anything but I just don't look like me anymore. My skin looks dull, my eyes look weirdly piggy, and I am getting a bit jowly. The light has gone from my eyes in photos sad

What the fuck is this? And what's the best cure? I have tried a lot of face creams and I'm too scared of surgery. I do get a fairly decent amount of sleep too and my diet isn't terrible.

I'm sorry if I should be posting in style or something, I just can't get over how crap I look!

TroublesomeEx Sat 13-Jul-13 07:54:53

I'm glad Mimi explained face yoga. I was reading this thinking that's what you need to do.

I do it.

I don't know if will work, but the women in my family have a tendancy to go a bit 'jowly' and I'm determined to try and keep it at bay for as long as possible!!

sleeplessbunny Sat 13-Jul-13 08:02:40

wow, face yoga, who'd have thought it? Trying it now.

OP, I could have written your post. Same age, same age DD, same thoughts when looking in the mirror... God it's crap isn't it?

Whothefuckfarted Sat 13-Jul-13 08:17:43

Water, exercise, sleep?

braveandcrazy Sat 13-Jul-13 08:28:01

I love all this advice, thanks ladies! One question, I can't make tube with my tongue, does it work if I just poke it out a bit?

Nagoo Sat 13-Jul-13 08:58:03

I look better now than I did a couple of years ago. The constant vigilance of baby/ toddler takes it's toll I think.

And get some blusher smile

kelda Sat 13-Jul-13 08:58:51

Tiredness? Allergies?

My dd1's face lloks odd when she has had an allergic reaction.

MrTumblesBeerBelly Sat 13-Jul-13 21:35:12

Don't think I'm allergic, but had a bit of an epiphany going through photos again today - a few months ago had a few inches off my hair so it sits above my shoulders now and that does tend to accentuate my rather 'round' features- round face, round eyes, so I need to grow it longer asap!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now