'You don't earn bad money for sitting at home all the time'. AIBU to be peed off that DH said this to me?

(28 Posts)
Toomanyplatesatthesametime Fri 12-Jul-13 18:06:35

I work from home on a freelance basis. I mainly work school hours, plus extra hours in the evening once the DCs are in bed, sometimes into the early hours. I also do all the school runs, housework, laundry, food shopping, cooking and everything else involved in running a house. I work really hard at my work and definitely don't just 'sit at home'.

AIBU to be pissed off that DH said this? He also goes on all the time about how tired he is from work as he goes out to work and I don't. I think he thinks I just sit at home all the time filing my nails and watching crap on tv

Beechview Fri 12-Jul-13 19:51:20

Does he really not understand what you do??

escape Fri 12-Jul-13 20:24:24

I'm so angry for you though - f boot was on other foot? I live with someone feeling rather emasculated at the moment - but none of which IS MY FAULT - In his head, I know he refuses to acknowledge my business - despite it keeping a roof over hs head and food on the table .. grrrr.
And you know what - sometimes I DO work from bed, or half the day in my dressing gown, and for that, I am not a tad sorry smile

pianodoodle Fri 12-Jul-13 20:35:12

YANBU how bloody rude!

I stay at home with DD (24 mnths) and teach in the evenings.

As DH put it, he'd soon complain if he arrived at the office to start work and found dried banana on the computer screen that he had to scrape off before his first meeting. He wouldn't stand for someone chewing his spreadheets the second they come out of the printer. When he goes for his coffee break he doesn't expect to get to the end and find someone has sneaked a piece of playdough in there when he wasn't looking.

That's what I have to work around when I'm planning lessons lol!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now