To wish I hadn't succumbed to playing bloody Candy Crush Saga "just the once"

(39 Posts)
MrsBrownsGirl Fri 12-Jul-13 14:04:59

After numerous Facebook messages telling me that so-and-so has reached level blah blah on Candy Crush Saga I thought I would finally have a quick go just to see what the fuss is all about. Two days later and, being the kind of person who refuses to bombard my friends' FB pages begging for more lives (or squandering my hard earned money), I find myself nipping back to my iPad every few minutes just to have another go. It doesn't help that I am monumentally crap at such things...can anyone recommend any similar games that are less annoying?!

RubyThePirate Fri 12-Jul-13 23:47:32

This is shit, what's the fuss about?
Oh look, I'm an addict.

Thanks a bunch, MN!

tabulahrasa Fri 12-Jul-13 22:17:31

I'm on 425...have been for about a fortnight because I'm waiting for more levels.

And yep, I play it too much.

Notfootball Fri 12-Jul-13 22:13:28

Been playing a couple of weeks, level 45 on the iPad and level 40 on my phone but I don't change the date or request/pay for more lives - I'm bigger than that. I just switch device when I have to wait!

lilyliz Fri 12-Jul-13 22:11:34

try jigsaw world .I gave up on candy rush and am now addicted to jigsaws,and even better you always win

anonacfr Fri 12-Jul-13 22:08:03

The expanding chocolate really freaks me out. It's like gangrene growing on a wound or something.

anonacfr Fri 12-Jul-13 22:06:43

The key is don't move the time forward too much. The game tells you how long you have left till you next lives. If it's 15 mns just forward by 16 etc.
Then when you readjust to the right time you catch up through the night.

How do you get past level 350??? I have been stuck on it for MONTHS! I wish I had never seen the sodding game! And now when I run out of lives I play Papa Pear and Bubble Witch too blush

But it used to keep me company during loooong night shifts smile

lazymum99 Fri 12-Jul-13 21:45:44

Messed up my iPad moving the date forward and backwards to get free lives. Ended up moving the year and when I put it back candy crush said I had to wait 550,000 hours (about 60 years) Til I could play again. If I left the date a year ahead it bought I had no licence for App Store etc. in the end I deleted candy crush, downloaded a new one and started again.
Very sad I know.....

littlemisswise Fri 12-Jul-13 21:42:28

I'm on 361. I downloaded it when I went into hospital for day surgery.

I am intrigued about 409, it doesn't go up that far on the iPad!

You fucking nutters.

Have you not seen Halloween 3?

That shit will kill you.

RubyThePirate Fri 12-Jul-13 21:32:45

Just downloaded it.

Let's see what happens grin

CointreauVersial Fri 12-Jul-13 21:13:03

For unlimited lives (on my tablet, at least), go to Settings, and move the date forward by 24 hours. Go back to CC - oooh, five lives! Then go back to Settings and flick the date back again. Repeat until brain-dead.

Whippetwarmer Fri 12-Jul-13 20:35:34

I'm on level 409.

Needless to say, I don't get out much.

I was stuck on Level 65 for ages.

It was pure luck I got past it.

Now I'm stuck on Level 67. sad

JerseySpud Fri 12-Jul-13 20:29:23

im stuck on 125

and papa pear

MiaowTheCat Fri 12-Jul-13 20:02:36

I think it was level 65 I was stuck on for a month if it's one of the ones involving stupid evil expanding chocolate.

MrsBrownsGirl Fri 12-Jul-13 19:54:12

After a day of playing on-and-off (i.e the second that I have a life available again) I have completed three more levels and have reached..... 23.

Good grief.

HenriettaPye Fri 12-Jul-13 19:50:59

Hi my name is HenriettaPye, and I'm a candy-crusher-a-holic. gringrin

I've been playing since the start of the year and have managed to reach level 235

Loo16 Fri 12-Jul-13 19:50:56

Stuck on level 65 too! Driving me mad - at least it keeps me awake when feeding my 8 week old dd during the night grin

Unlimited lives, you say?

<perks up>

i am on level 132 and have decided to give up blood hate it and im sure there is never going to be an to it, its so additive.

BlessedDespair Fri 12-Jul-13 19:44:31

anonacfr How did you manage that? smile

EmilyAlice Fri 12-Jul-13 19:43:36

Stuck on 245. Five pairs of striped / wraps needed and a real horror. Have never bought a life or been on Facebook. Trouble is being 60+ I think I am getting arthritis in my ipad finger!

anonacfr Fri 12-Jul-13 19:39:12

I'm stuck on level 65. It's killing me.

At least thanks to Mumsnet I have found a way to get free unlimited lives.

HeyIJustMetYou Fri 12-Jul-13 19:38:05

YANBU. I swear this game has been created to be an insidious time thief to stop people thinking about the real issues in life.

Bread and circuses man.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now