Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

To wish I hadn't succumbed to playing bloody Candy Crush Saga "just the once"

(39 Posts)
MrsBrownsGirl Fri 12-Jul-13 14:04:59

After numerous Facebook messages telling me that so-and-so has reached level blah blah on Candy Crush Saga I thought I would finally have a quick go just to see what the fuss is all about. Two days later and, being the kind of person who refuses to bombard my friends' FB pages begging for more lives (or squandering my hard earned money), I find myself nipping back to my iPad every few minutes just to have another go. It doesn't help that I am monumentally crap at such things...can anyone recommend any similar games that are less annoying?!

BlessedDespair Fri 12-Jul-13 15:55:41

nope they are all addictive smile

I'm currently trying to get past level 154

MurielHeslopp Fri 12-Jul-13 16:02:40

Blesses HOW did you manage level 147. At first sight it seems rather straight forward but I've been stuck at it for weeeeeks. blush sad

MurielHeslopp Fri 12-Jul-13 16:03:28

Blessed that should say. CandyCrush has affected my ability to spell too.

KittieCat Fri 12-Jul-13 16:06:33

YANBU. I'm utterly and helplessly addicted to Drop7.

Wish I'd never played the sodding game.

Sorry for the short post... Off to play Drop7.

littlewhitebag Fri 12-Jul-13 16:42:50

I can't get past 147 either. It's getting boring now.

primallass Spain Fri 12-Jul-13 16:50:11

Once you get really stuck it is easy to walk away. I took about 6 weeks to do level 77 and have lost interest now.

CointreauVersial Fri 12-Jul-13 16:54:01

Mega stuck on level 97. It's just not possible.

At least it's a quick level - nothing worse than spending hours to fail at the last move.

MammaTJ Fri 12-Jul-13 16:58:19

I will post a link to a blog that shows you how to do each level later when I am on computer!

level 323

started in February

ruined my life

ooops actually i'm on 332

I mean I started Candy Crush in Feb - not that level. That would be bad!

we could have Candy Crush anonymous

state your name, your level and how bad the addiction has got we might just save the OP yet!

tittytittyhanghang Fri 12-Jul-13 19:12:36

my ds blocked me on his facebook because he was sick of all the candy crush requests he has since be told to put me back on and bloody well start responding to the requests. As he tells me in his most sarcastic voice, those candy wont crush themselves!

Yep, I played it Just The Once too. In April. And I'm now stuck on sodding 350. I actually feel a little bit sick when I think about how many hours of my life have been lost getting to this point.

But I cannot leave it!!!confused

MiaowTheCat Fri 12-Jul-13 19:35:57

Level 70 here - I started much later than lots of you is my excuse and I'm sticking to it.

I was into the Simpsons Tapped Out for a while - then got bored of that... other ones I have installed at the moment - Unblock Me, Lazors, Blendoku and the ubiquitous Angry Birds.

HeyIJustMetYou Fri 12-Jul-13 19:38:05

YANBU. I swear this game has been created to be an insidious time thief to stop people thinking about the real issues in life.

Bread and circuses man.

anonacfr France Fri 12-Jul-13 19:39:12

I'm stuck on level 65. It's killing me.

At least thanks to Mumsnet I have found a way to get free unlimited lives.

EmilyAlice Fri 12-Jul-13 19:43:36

Stuck on 245. Five pairs of striped / wraps needed and a real horror. Have never bought a life or been on Facebook. Trouble is being 60+ I think I am getting arthritis in my ipad finger!

BlessedDespair Fri 12-Jul-13 19:44:31

anonacfr How did you manage that? smile

i am on level 132 and have decided to give up blood hate it and im sure there is never going to be an to it, its so additive.

Unlimited lives, you say?

<perks up>

Loo16 Fri 12-Jul-13 19:50:56

Stuck on level 65 too! Driving me mad - at least it keeps me awake when feeding my 8 week old dd during the night grin

HenriettaPye Fri 12-Jul-13 19:50:59

Hi my name is HenriettaPye, and I'm a candy-crusher-a-holic. gringrin

I've been playing since the start of the year and have managed to reach level 235

MrsBrownsGirl Fri 12-Jul-13 19:54:12

After a day of playing on-and-off (i.e the second that I have a life available again) I have completed three more levels and have reached..... 23.

Good grief.

MiaowTheCat Fri 12-Jul-13 20:02:36

I think it was level 65 I was stuck on for a month if it's one of the ones involving stupid evil expanding chocolate.

JerseySpud Fri 12-Jul-13 20:29:23

im stuck on 125

and papa pear

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now