Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

DS is moaning about his duvet set AIBU

(100 Posts)
wakeupandsmellthecoffee Wed 10-Jul-13 21:11:05

He says that a 14yr old having a McLaren Lewis Hamilton duvet set is vanquish and can he have another one please.
I SAY a grown man would want this set so he is being unreasonable.I then said I would ask mumsnet.AIBU.

burberryqueen Sun 14-Jul-13 12:03:09

get him a hello kitty set that will be well vanquish

wakeupandsmellthecoffee Sun 14-Jul-13 11:56:42

Lol

digerd Sat 13-Jul-13 16:47:34

Think it's time he learnt the important pros and cons of different colours.
In a nut shell, light colours show the dark dirt/stains and dark colours show up the light coloured marks/stains wink.

WestieMamma Sat 13-Jul-13 15:36:21

My daughter still has her Barbie bedding. She's 20. [parenting fail]

WireCat Netherlands Sat 13-Jul-13 15:36:09

adds vanquish to teenage speak dictionary

Dow he only have 1 duvet cover?

Get him a new one & this vanquish one can be his spare when the new one is being washed.

MadderHat Sat 13-Jul-13 15:33:52

When my DH went to university, he had to buy himself some bedding. He went for the 2 cheapest sets available in the shop - so plain yellow and plain pink.
I didn't run a mile, though I do loathe pink.

SueDoku Sat 13-Jul-13 14:10:07

DGS staying soon and I have just ironed the pillowcase featuring Misca the Bear (mascot for the Moscow Olympics in 1980) which was given to my DD when she was 3.... grin. It's still going strong..!

plainjaney Sat 13-Jul-13 14:03:33

Made me smile. My DD (15, almost 16) was over the moon with her recent charity shop find.... a brand new Blues Clues Duvet set. She cares not a jot what her mates think and thinks its brilliantly retro. She also has Avengers covers.

I think at 14 I let DS (now 20) have input, he had mostly Marvel comics and Spongebob on his double bed. He was quite put out when he moved in with his GF earlier this year and she refused to let him bring his spiderman or spongebob duvet grin

LoveBeingUpAt4InTheMorning Sat 13-Jul-13 11:11:35

Tell him to turn it over and use the plain side

wakeupandsmellthecoffee Sat 13-Jul-13 11:07:10

Seriously lol

ThatsSoVanquish Sat 13-Jul-13 10:06:40

thanks for my new username inspiration

wakeupandsmellthecoffee Sat 13-Jul-13 10:05:12

This thread is so making me smile.

ifindoubtnamechange Sat 13-Jul-13 10:02:10

I think if his friends came round to visit he could get a lot of heat for "sleeping" with Lewis Hamilton.

One of my (Male) childhood friends was kindly gifted a George Michael "Faith" duvet set as a teen. He still gets slagged about it once in a while. He's 39.

Whothefuckfarted Sat 13-Jul-13 08:25:39

Buy him a new set lol

thornrose Sat 13-Jul-13 03:14:40

Oh god this reminds me of my teens when my mum insisted I have matching floral Dormer bedding and curtains. Oh yes,and the matching bloody wallpaper borders.

I vowed to let my future children have a say in their bedroom decor.

Loving Van/Vanquish.

QOD Sat 13-Jul-13 03:03:51

Omg I've made the round up

QOD has arrived! I'm so excited, I know that's a bit vanquish but hey! No one said I had to grow up

Theselittlelightsofmine Fri 12-Jul-13 23:01:17

Moved not move confused

Theselittlelightsofmine Fri 12-Jul-13 23:00:50

So we have move to 'van' now grin

Loving the 'that's so van' comment grin

I think you could use it either way as a good or bad thing.

'that's so van' as in 'that's so shit'
or 'that's so van' as in 'thats so fantastic'

Or 'he/she is so van' again bad or good

grin

wakeupandsmellthecoffee Fri 12-Jul-13 19:43:47

Team Vanquish.Lol.

Lweji Portugal Fri 12-Jul-13 11:53:33

Vanquish reminds me of James Bond, though...

alemci Fri 12-Jul-13 11:47:24

I think when my DS was about 12 I got rid of the more childish ones, I also chucked out the Chelsea Football one as the Quality wasn't great. he has blue laura Ashley check one and a John Lewis stripe one. I think I may still have the odd more childish one but they were nice for when he was younger.

I am loving the use of vanquish here! grin

Yabu. Not even my 11 year old would want that.

I have gone for a marine style with blue white and red sort of stripes for my boys.

Otherwise plain dye. Check out Next bedding.

Lweji Portugal Fri 12-Jul-13 11:41:46

So, vanquish is now MN speak for babyish.

<takes note>

My DS, 8, still has Cars curtains and lamp, as well as pillow case/duvet cover.

I keep wondering when he's going to say it's vanquish, but so far so good.

But most of his bedding is now plain.

Purplecatti Fri 12-Jul-13 11:20:59

That is unless Christian Bale fancies coming in with...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now