(Taken from Wahing Thread) AIBU to keep my pegs pegged to the line? or is it a sign of being idol?

(37 Posts)
M0naLisa Wed 10-Jul-13 20:17:04

When i peg my washing out and bring it back in again i leave the pegs pegged onto the line. According to my Dad & Stepmum & my mum, its lazy.

Is it?

Naoko Wed 10-Jul-13 21:08:01

Life's too bloody short to worry about pegs on a washing line. Anyway at least I bring my washing in at night and my neighbour leaves it out for days in the rain so I look like a domestic godess in comparison grin

ElectricSoftParade Wed 10-Jul-13 21:08:05

I had a lovely peg bag which I left on the line. Right from the day it was given to me until the day I threw it out as it was rotten by then. I leave pegs on the line. I have never ever thought of wiping the line. It really hasn't occurred to me, ever.

I really am idle.

ElectricSoftParade Wed 10-Jul-13 21:09:09

Debka that is the way I reckon. My mam and Grandma both had a peg apron.

I would probably let it rot too sad.

ThePowerof3 Wed 10-Jul-13 21:14:04

My DH has a lovely peg bag

aquashiv Wed 10-Jul-13 21:16:49

ON reflection only when I go away to I put my pegs away I have a lovely empty peg bag too.
Happy to take any shortcut I can with washing though

I leave the pegs on the line, I leave washing out until it is dry (even it rains twice before that happens grin, and I don't care what my neighbours think grin

ParadiseChick Wed 10-Jul-13 21:43:15

That's my theory just it's not getting back in the house until it's dry!

WildlingPrincess Wed 10-Jul-13 21:46:06

I used to do this and found the pegs either went mouldy or broke easily!

SunshineBossaNova Wed 10-Jul-13 21:46:26

YANBU. I leave my pegs on the line, and occasionally leave my washing overnight.

Judge away people smile

Naoko Wed 10-Jul-13 21:52:52

Ah you see my washing doesn't go out if I reckon it'll rain, so either it dries fully outdoors in one day, or it's on an indoor airer. Doesn't it go a bit weird if you leave it out for three days to get rained on several times? I don't think my neighbour's slatternly, it just seems impractical and I don't understand!

grobagsforever Wed 10-Jul-13 22:02:16

Wipe the line? Remove the pegs? This is like daily sheet washing and maintenance washes isn't it? Some freaky MN standard I will never reach.

stiffstink Wed 10-Jul-13 22:32:27

Fuck, am I supposed to wipe the washing line?

<adds to line of shit I don't clean>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now