Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

To not want delivery driver in my house?

(53 Posts)
Laurier88 Mon 08-Jul-13 10:48:43

Last week I came home from work to find a MyHermes card through the door saying my parcel had been left at the back door - fine, I'd left the back gate unlocked as my dad was meant to be coming round to mow my lawn (yes I'm that lazy!). Went into the kitchen & the parcel was on the worktop, and when I went to open the back door it was unlocked so presumed my dad had brought the parcel in and forgotten to lock it.

Turns out my dad hadn't been round, I must have forgotten to lock the back door (entirely my fault) and the delivery driver has come round the back of the house, tried the back door and found it unlocked, entered the house and left the parcel on the kitchen counter.

There is no way they could have thought someone was in - we were all out, cars gone etc. I have emailed MyHermes saying how cross I was that this has happened, and have received a snotty email back saying how their drivers are so good they go above and beyond to ensure parcels are left in a safe place, and how lucky I am it was one of their trustworthy drivers and not a thief that came in the house!

Yes, I know it's my fault for forgetting to lock the back door, but I'm quite shocked that a delivery driver would go into someone's back garden then try their back door, and enter the house when finding it unlocked.

Please be brutally honest - I am quite cross, and haven't dared tell DH as I know he would be fuming - aibu?

revealall Mon 08-Jul-13 23:53:20

Delivery driver coming in wouldn't worry me - doing his job and probably has lots of others to do that day and doesn't want to have to come back. Lots of people don't lock their doors and he doesn't give a shit about me and my life.

I hate it when people I know come in when I'm not there. They know me and therefore can be much more judgmental (or a bit nosey in one friends case).

MarmaladeTwatkins Tue 09-Jul-13 01:02:43

Did he shit on yer doilies?

Laurier88 Tue 09-Jul-13 11:58:14

To the poster who asked - it was glycerine for the pigs skin. Which my dad reckons is used in bombs, and his theory is the MyHermes man is working for the police and therefore broke in to see if I was making a bomb in the kitchen! Maybe not, dad hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now