Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

i am an evil person

(71 Posts)

am i the only one tonight who have sent their kids to bed with no nightwear on or am i really evil in doing it? they are 3 and 6

bdbfan Mon 22-Jul-13 22:52:46

Dd2 has gone to sleep in a wooly onesie.

Wierd child.

(Will take it her in a bit)

DS1(2.9) is sleeping "like daddy" ie nude. Conversely, DH actually has boxers on grin

DS2 (15m) is in just a nappy.

This is all they've worn to bed for weeks though?

tis me i just wanted a catchy title so glad for all your support (was the eldest said i twas evil mummy but thanked me in the morning)

YoniWheretheSunDontShine Mon 08-Jul-13 17:00:58

Goodness sending them to bed in a hot room with something on, might be evil no?

Turniptwirl Mon 08-Jul-13 16:52:57

Unless they were upset then no

Tbh if they were upset but clearly too warm for anything on then no as well

Try a duvet cover rather than a sheet, it feels a bit more substantial than a sheet so I prefer it

KellyElly Mon 08-Jul-13 16:17:39

thistlelicker Probably because she realised her thread title had made her look a bit strange to say the least.

IneedAyoniNickname Mon 08-Jul-13 15:05:52

Pigsmummy what's the difference between a baby grow and sleep suit? I always thought they were the same thing :confused

thistlelicker Mon 08-Jul-13 15:04:15

Op didn't come back!

badguider Mon 08-Jul-13 14:59:32

confused don't understand any of the 'evil' or 'lazy' references... sleep in what's comfy surely - the warmer the weather, the less you wear...

No???

Pigsmummy Mon 08-Jul-13 14:57:05

Just a baby grow (not sleep suit) and nappy to bed and in house, currently contemplating what to put DD to go out now. It's 26c here currently and last night it was 22c at baby bedtime.

KellyElly Mon 08-Jul-13 14:24:01

Very strange thread title.

And I'm another who really can't see why that's "lazy"

It's fucking roasting!

I don't sleep in anything when it's this hot so I don't see why DD would need to. I only put some knickers over her nappy as she knows how to pull them off.

Branleuse Mon 08-Jul-13 12:27:48

oh ffs. I was expecting this to be about something juicy.

why would anyone put pyjamas on their kids when its boiling?

Val007 Mon 08-Jul-13 12:20:34

You are not! My 17 month old went to bed with only a nappy on. I put his bodysuit on a couple of hours later. It was too hot last night smile

ThreeMusketeers Mon 08-Jul-13 12:18:14

How can a person be 'lazy' if they send their toddlers to bed naked in a sweltering British heat?

What a daft thing to say?! Does it really take so much effort to get PJs on children that omitting it can get you labelled 'lazy'?

[tut-tutters away]

Flobbadobs Mon 08-Jul-13 12:16:36

Were you reading the DM around the Mick Philpott trial? They made a huge deal out of the fact that some of the children weren't wearing any nightwear...
None of mine wore anything other than nappy/undies last night and at some point DS stripped off completely, I wouldn't worry.

QuinionsRainbow England Mon 08-Jul-13 12:13:11

Not at all evil!

McNewPants2013 Sun 07-Jul-13 22:31:54

If you was my mum you would be evil, because its very hot in my house and I will still have pj and a 15tog quilt.

Fakebook Sun 07-Jul-13 22:30:50

Yes you are the only one. You sound lazy too.

sweetestcup Sun 07-Jul-13 22:28:33

Seriously? You think you may be EVIL for sending your kids to bed on a hot night without pjs??

formicadinosaur Sun 07-Jul-13 22:27:32

Normal bedware here or just a light sheet.

ENormaSnob Sun 07-Jul-13 22:25:59

Not sure if youre evil but you're definitely weird.

Runwayqueen Sun 07-Jul-13 22:23:41

Dd (3.1) has gone to bed in a pull up and a vest. I wanted to swap her duvet for a sheet but she was having none of that.

Evil? Definitely not! Wise move if they are comfortable

tethersend Sun 07-Jul-13 22:22:08

There was a troll on here once who used to post exclusively about children sleeping naked, encouraging others to describe what their children (weren't) wearing at night.

Just saying- you wouldn't want to be associated with them, would you OP?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now