Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

to think Asda have done it again

(32 Posts)
kim147 Sun 07-Jul-13 21:03:07

So the mum is trying to get as much sun as she can. She knows she has to make dinner but keeps changing her mind what to make so she can get more time in the sun.

If she wants more time in the sun, she should tell her partner who is playing football in the garden to make it. Problem solved.

blackbirdatglanmore Sun 07-Jul-13 22:11:51

The majority of shoppers at major supermarkets are female. The store layout, advertising and products are aimed at women, particularly women with children. As such, the adverts feature women to relate to their target audience.

The problem is when companies swap the genders around so that men take the woman's place it can look silly and a little forced - a bit like when schools in areas that are predominantly white force the two or three children of Chinese or African heritage to pose in the prospectus. The adverts are trying to appeal to women, so they use a woman to identify with - well, women.

kim147 Sun 07-Jul-13 22:13:59

Still think she should have told him to make tea whilst she enjoyed the sunshine - especially if she's done all the shopping grin

WorraLiberty Sun 07-Jul-13 22:18:34

Did he hell her to go and make the tea?

I haven't seen the ad

If he did, then YANBU

If he didn't, then YABU to suggest they should tell each other to go and do anything.

kim147 Sun 07-Jul-13 22:20:55

She was sat trying to get the most of the sun and thinking about tea. Keeps changing her mind for quicker to make dishes so she gets more sun.

DH is playing football. She missed an opportunity to get a well prepared dish made by DH whilst she lay in the sun.

kim147 Sun 07-Jul-13 22:25:16

But in all honesty, it's not too bad really. Just thought I'd see what people thought.

It's nothing compared to the Xmas one. Looking forward to see what they do this Xmas.

softlysoftly Sun 07-Jul-13 22:33:40

So what is it's stupid - have you seen my Chewbacca one

[Grin]

WorraLiberty Sun 07-Jul-13 22:33:51

Oh I hated the Xmas one

But this one just sounds pretty 'meh' to me

I don't see why either of them should have to stop what they're doing and get told to go and cook.

Just make a fucking sandwich, that's what I'd do...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now