Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

Stupid fucking bastard car driver

(69 Posts)
Eve Sun 07-Jul-13 17:14:57

.... A game keeper as well, on 30 mph speed limit on a country road.

Drove into back of my best friend when she was on her horse, horse had to be put down & she's in theatre with a broken back.

He was beautiful, he was her world, I loved him.

ImTooHecsyForYourParty Sun 07-Jul-13 17:17:49

Poor woman and poor horse.

I hope she's going to be ok.

Bloody stupid man. I see it all the time, idiots driving far too fast on narrow winding country lanes and then slamming on the emergency brakes when they go round a corner and there's a horse, or a cyclist, or a tractor.

How stupid do you have to be to not understand what may be round a blind bend on a country road hmm

when is she expected to be out of theatre?

EricNorthmanIsMyMaker Sun 07-Jul-13 17:18:43

So sorry to hear that & hope your friend recovers.
How the fuck do you not see a horse in front of you????
Is he being done for driving like a knob?

gordyslovesheep Sun 07-Jul-13 17:19:05

Oh no sad oh how awful - how sad x

dexter73 Sun 07-Jul-13 17:20:10

That sounds horrific. I hope your friend makes a good recovery.

Methe Sun 07-Jul-13 17:21:10

How awful sad

kinkyfuckery Sun 07-Jul-13 17:21:22

Oh fucking hell! Hope your friend is ok, please keep us updated.

How horrid hope wish her a speedy recovery

GibberTheMonkey Sun 07-Jul-13 17:22:23

Oh your poor friend
Poor horse, poor her
I hope she's ok

Mama1980 Sun 07-Jul-13 17:22:57

How awful hmm when is your friend going to be out of theatre? X

McNewPants2013 Sun 07-Jul-13 17:24:38

What a fucking loon, I hope the person responsible is banned from driving.

Hope your friend is ok and wish her a speedy recovery.

Rip to the horse xxxxx

SucksToBeMe Sun 07-Jul-13 17:30:54

Poor horse. What was he thinking???? I've all but stopped riding my horses down the road. My mum lost her best friend when they were both 16 riding down a quiet country lane. A drunk driver killed her outright. He was doctor and didn't get a custodial sentence.

I hope your friend will be ok, she will need a good friend like you to support her.

FrankSpenser Sun 07-Jul-13 17:36:09

Sentencing is far too lenient with regards to dangerous/reckless driving IMO.

I do hope there are no lasting lifelong repercussions because of your friends broken back. I wish her speedy recovery.

digerd Sun 07-Jul-13 17:42:38

sad angry shock.

angry what a cunt.

Hope your friend is ok. So sad about the horse, I have a friend with horses and they take up such a special place in her heart, they're like her children. I hope he gets brought to justice and your friend recovers.

* assuming the driver was a man.

gallifrey Sun 07-Jul-13 18:01:45

How terrible, that is every horse owners worst nightmare, poor horse and poor girl sad

RandomMess Sun 07-Jul-13 18:02:46

How utterly tragic and uneccesary

OodPi Sun 07-Jul-13 18:07:59

So sorry to hear this sad

This is dreadful, I'm so sorry OP. My Mum broke her neck in a similar accident 5 years ago.

I pray for your friend and her poor horse thanks sad

Branleuse Sun 07-Jul-13 18:48:15

oh god, how awful :'(

MissStrawberry Sun 07-Jul-13 18:50:40

What a shock for you all sad.

NatashaBee Sun 07-Jul-13 18:51:17

How awful. I hope he goes to prison. Everything crossed for your friend to recover quickly.

Plomino Sun 07-Jul-13 18:51:43

On god I'm so sorry . I've had some very very near misses , even though go I and all of my horses go out with a full set of hi vi. - jackets , tail guards , fluorescent mesh sheets , leg guards , even my back protector has hi viz on it .

And I've still had several near misses , including one who hit my stirrup and ripped it clean from my foot . People just don't see horses on the road . Or if they do , they either see them but don't take any account of them , or expect to be able to whizz past them with no safety margin and no consequences . It's not like we go on the roads for the love of it .

Please send my most heartfelt wishes to your friend and wish her the best for her recovery . I know how she feels losing a horse in tragic circumstances and I wouldn't wish it on anyone .

WireCat Sun 07-Jul-13 18:52:07

Oh my goodness. How awful sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now