To be a bit in awe of Carole Middleton?

(112 Posts)
Swashbucklers Sun 07-Jul-13 17:10:18

For having gone from East London air stewardess, to successfully setting up and running a multi million pound business while raising 3 children, maintaining a very 'family' based life, and still looking after herself and looking great?

His the hell did she do that? I want to be her.

motherinferior Fri 12-Jul-13 16:21:44

Hugamoo, I can assure you I am not remotely 'jealous'.

And the idea that who you marry is your most important career decision is utter bollocks. Got nothing to do with career. You do, clearly, have to pick a partner (whether or not you marry her/him) who does their share of childcare and domestic labour, but the rest is up to you. My partner has bugger-all to do with my career, and I have nothing to do with his.

noddyholder Fri 12-Jul-13 16:22:50

I agree MI.

fabergeegg Fri 12-Jul-13 16:28:21

Yes I know. Trying to think of some of them but my mind's gone totally blank smile

Crinkle77 Fri 12-Jul-13 16:34:02

Of course they have done very well for themselves and good for them but anyone can look great with the right amount of money. I would not say she has jumped up the classes. To the 'real' upper classes she will always be a 'commoner'

Onesleeptillwembley Fri 12-Jul-13 16:59:20

See, hugamoo you say hardworking. I see the daughters, certainly, as idle opportunists.

HugAMoo Fri 12-Jul-13 17:15:48

Why onesleep? One fell in love with Prince William, thus joining the Royal Family. What do you seriously expect her to do? Get a job at Tesco?

Her sister has, by association, become a well known face, therefore making it difficult to live a mundane, quiet life.

Onesleeptillwembley Fri 12-Jul-13 17:52:13

She had years to pursue a job/career before - she never. As for the sister, the business she's getting must be on her sister's name, as she's useless at it. Have you seen the book? And again - no real job/career.

Onesleeptillwembley Fri 12-Jul-13 17:52:43

The York princesses manage to work.

wordfactory Fri 12-Jul-13 18:47:59

Well, she spotted a gap in the market and went for it. So a good entrpreneur no?

Fairdene Fri 12-Jul-13 19:03:10

Given her money I'd have said she doesn't look great in the least. Not bad but definitely not great. She looks far older than her age but that's sun and genes I suppose. Business wise she's done exceptionally well but she should hold back on exploiting royal events for an extra bit of cash which she doesn't now need. Also, she's entirely failed to pass on the work ethic to the girls - so what happened there? It's a shame and opens them up to ridicule. Kate and Pippa are both ridiculous really. I don't get this desperation to 'move up'.

BookFairy Fri 12-Jul-13 19:15:04

It makes me cringe to read comments suggesting that seeing royals married and with child somehow brings a world full of joy to me and mine. The Middletons have 'old money' and their daughter has married into the royals. They have a shit load of money to spend on looking like the perfect family.

Fairdene Fri 12-Jul-13 19:22:19

Zara looks great, really great. She's a fab role model really.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now