To want to be able to go to the park with my family without having to listen to these pricks swearing infant of the kids

(30 Posts)
IamtheBatman Sun 07-Jul-13 15:25:30

I'm at the local park it's a lovely day and we're listening to good live music having a picnic. And these twats behind us are talking loudly and saying "fuck this" and fuck that". There are kids all around us. Now i don't mind a bit of a swear, but in front of a bunch of kids? For gods sake!

BackforGood Sun 07-Jul-13 23:54:26

I was coming along to say the same as Suburban

How can you complain about other people's language, then use language like that in your title, and finish your opening post with a phrase that's is pretty offensive to some people ? confused

Double standards or what ?

Nanny0gg Mon 08-Jul-13 10:21:35

yabu, it's not up to other people to childproof their conversations so your kids only hear what you want, move away from them or accept that your kids are going to hear language in public that you dislike.

Um, actually it is up to other people to think about their audience when they're talking.

It's basic good manners.

Eyesunderarock Mon 08-Jul-13 10:25:47

I hate random swearing for no particular reason, we rarely swear in my family, but it isn't illegal, so other than asking politely, moving away is the best thing you can do.

Eyesunderarock Mon 08-Jul-13 10:32:09

ThreeBee, DS used to do that when he saw people breaking the rules.
He still does on occasion, parking on zig-zags, smoking in banned areas and the like. When it impinges on his Aspie world.
But because he's 6', unsmiling, loud monotone and looks like a werebear, people tend to comply and admit that they are in the wrong, or just park somewhere else.
I don't get the problem with your son being 11 and reminding people when they are being inconsiderate arseholes, there'd be a lot less whining on MN if people did keep a few simple rules. grin

Fenton Mon 08-Jul-13 10:37:49

YANBU

It is one of my pet hates, swearing in a public place. It's up there with spitting, bare chested men in the street and bum cleavage.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now