Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

Another bloody player?? Trust my instincts?

(25 Posts)
rainbowfeet Fri 05-Jul-13 12:55:15

Not sure where to post this... But anyone with experience with Internet dating might understand.

Been swapping polite messages with a guy on a dating site for a couple of weeks just usual chat about work family what we've been doing etc.. Yesterday swapped mobile no.s & texts during the evening & last night he asked if he could call for a chat. It was a nice chat nothing too flirty went on for about 30 mins while he was on his way to work (works nights)!!

This morni g he texts hi, how are you! Etc. we swap a few texts then he starts saying its too hot to sleep today etc... I say have you got a fan hd says no he is naked though... Alarm bells ring!! (I'm thinking here we go again, another perv)!! He attempts to lead the conversation down the hot weather makes people horny route & he wishes I was there etc.. I say I'm not being lead into a naughty conversation with a stranger, he carries on regardless sends a pic of his erection & tries to FaceTime me!!! (Stop sniggering peeps)!! I ignore & send him a final text saying I am not going to watch you wank thank you & I'm very disappointed that he is just another Internet dating Pervy player looking for a cheap thrill or sleazy hook up!!! hmm

He replies he's sorry & I've got him wrong, he's not like that at all but he just finds me very attractive!!! shock (I'm really not all that)!!

Am I being over sensitive or are my instincts right & avoid all contact with this guy... He seemed nice & normal up until today!! confused

Numberlock Fri 05-Jul-13 12:56:57

Just delete him and on to the next.

YouTheCat Fri 05-Jul-13 12:59:22

Avoid.

Can you find a picture of something suitably vile and send it with a final 'Do fuck off' message? grin

Numberlock Fri 05-Jul-13 12:59:26

Ps. You've said no but he'll soon find someone else to wank for. It's a numbers game.

Tee2072 Fri 05-Jul-13 12:59:54

Move on. Too much too soon!

NeverBeenToMe Fri 05-Jul-13 13:04:28

Next!!

rainbowfeet Fri 05-Jul-13 13:06:32

Yeah, exactly what I was thinking!!
Been on & off dating site for 5 years so I know how these men operate!!! (Just feel so disappointed)!!

But hey nothing good can come of seeing someone's Penis before you actually meet them!!! confused Hope my happy ending is out there!!!

ThreeMusketeers Fri 05-Jul-13 13:09:28

How can you even ask such a question?
Sad git he is.

Onesleeptillwembley Fri 05-Jul-13 13:12:29

Urgh. I actually see that as being a sex pest. Lucky escape there, OP.

newestbridearound Fri 05-Jul-13 13:13:09

If I were you I'd delete him and not waste anymore time on him. I hope you find someone nicer soon- internet dating can be such a minefield!

Mumsyblouse Fri 05-Jul-13 13:16:32

Oh dear, this is not just a bit of a player, that's really sleazy and unwanted harassment, I would make sure he's blocked for all eternity. If he did that in rl, he could be arrested. Surely it's not ok?

There are quite a few threads in Relationships where internet dating people hang out, if you fancy the company (and sharing of similar tales).

facedontfit Fri 05-Jul-13 13:19:13

New balls please. smile yes I do have the tennis on

AllYoursBabooshka Fri 05-Jul-13 13:24:43

Ugh, yes because nothing thrills a woman more than a picture of a sweaty penis.

Mingin' fucker. Better to find out sooner than later though, eh?

<tries to see the bright side>

Numberlock Fri 05-Jul-13 13:25:34

What led you to even consider you could be over sensitive?

SignoraStronza Fri 05-Jul-13 13:28:25

Ewww! But was it a particularly impressive specimen?

Betrayedbutsurvived England Fri 05-Jul-13 13:28:43

Ugh, creep, I'd send him a message saying you're sorry about his terrible affliction and how you hope he'll find someone happy with such a small dick, but you need a real man thanks all the same.

rainbowfeet Fri 05-Jul-13 13:31:18

Numberlock... Oh I don't know, been out of the loop a while I guess & I know it's not normal behavior but wondered if other people had a similar experience & it was more crossed wires!!! I was once told by another Internet player a few years back that I encouraged him because I have a dirty face!!!! shock shock shock
So wonder if it is my fault!
God yes, Internet dating is a minefield, could write a book!!!! confused

Numberlock Fri 05-Jul-13 13:35:00

Exactly the reason why I avoid it like the plague. Hope you have some luck soon.

carolthesecretary Fri 05-Jul-13 13:37:11

Oh dear, you've got to laugh, havent you? Do blokes really think this is okay. He'd probably be outraged if someone did it to his little sister.

Next!!!

CosICan Fri 05-Jul-13 13:40:55

Trust your instincts....always..... Your probably one of many, somewhere to get either cheep frills or a laugh with lads. There are way too many of this type of men (& women) on dating sites, you'll have to keep sifting through the weird not so nice ones til you find Mr Right, he will be out there, good luck

Fairylea Fri 05-Jul-13 13:43:46

Delete and block. Next!

rainbowfeet Fri 05-Jul-13 13:44:26

Yes, you have to laugh!!

Have avoided it for past couple of years because of twats like him!!

Everyone now imagining me to have a face like a blow up doll!!! shock wink

Crinkle77 Fri 05-Jul-13 15:47:24

Get rid. Your instinct was to hear alarm bells and I think you should trust it

ParsleyTheLioness Fri 05-Jul-13 16:29:23

Rainbow. Call me old-fashioned, but I do not want to meet the Member before the Man himself...

rainbowfeet Fri 05-Jul-13 17:26:57

Parsley.. Lol agree!!! & it's not old fashioned its just proper!! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now