Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

to not want somebody else's name on my bottle of coke?

(104 Posts)
MardyBra Thu 04-Jul-13 19:38:48

I don't want Anna's bottle. It makes me feel a bit uncomfortable drinking from a bottle with some else's name on it.

I haven't seen one with Mardy on it yet.

KenDoddsDadsDog Sun 07-Jul-13 20:46:05

It was left off as too provocative apparently.

SoupDragon Sun 07-Jul-13 19:59:13

Could it be seen as ridiculing the prophet Mohammed in some way?

Hulababy Sun 07-Jul-13 18:36:31

There are other non white British names on the list so I don't think it's racist. There maybe reasons why Mohammad is not bring used.

Theas18 Sun 07-Jul-13 13:42:16

I had cured my diet coke addiction....but a friend has bought me my name....how can I resist?

Scorpionmum1 Sun 07-Jul-13 13:28:30

Hey my friend found my name I had been looking and she said she went to buy one and saw me and thought she had to get it and yes I was so happy all day I've washed it out and still use it, sad I no. But for ppl who don't have there name yet, they are releasing another 1000 names I've been told.

Futterby Sat 06-Jul-13 22:43:36

Well Irn-Bru certainly showed their Scottish pride, coming out with bottles with "FANNY" on the side grin currently drinking from one now grin

williaminajetfighter Sat 06-Jul-13 22:22:58

Surprised no one has mentioned this but i find it a slightlu racist white nation campaign.

Coke clearly avoided many ethnic names - Mohammed is one of the most popular boys/men's names in the UK and its nowhere to be found.

Interesting campaign but really doesn't reflect Britain today although probably easier for Coke to take the middle ground.

There is a Mandeep and an Imran so well done coke.

Futterby Sat 06-Jul-13 21:10:02

I had one called Dave. My name is Dale and it's as close as I could get!

MrsSchadenfreude Sat 06-Jul-13 21:05:06

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I am now on a Coke can. I am no longer unusual. sadsadsad

Checked their website, only DP and DS1 have their names on the bottles, me and the other three DC don't even have a variant of ours. Very typical, feels like looking at personalized pens in the store again.

My friend and I were talking about it and prefer the share with Family ones, though they're hard to find. Me because they're the only ones I'd share with, him because his family would be welcome to it - if they didn't live hundreds of miles away wink.

Allthingspretty Sat 06-Jul-13 20:41:44

Yah. my names out there!

lottieandmia Sat 06-Jul-13 20:03:18

YANBU - it's really stupid and pointless imo. I mean, why??

AWitchOfDirtyHabits Sat 06-Jul-13 20:03:00

Ooh they've added my name! Will be on a mission now to find me!

AllegraLilac Sat 06-Jul-13 20:01:53

I keep drinking Mandeep. My name is Felicity.

swanley Sat 06-Jul-13 20:00:22

don't know what all the fuss is about I cant for the life of me understand why people want there names on a coke a cola bottle .

jacks365 Sat 06-Jul-13 19:59:37

My name never appears on anything but is on the coke list but dd4 whose name is everywhere is missing. That list doesn't make sense.

Fuzzysnout Sat 06-Jul-13 19:39:49

I've only had Alan. Twice.

GoofyIsACow Sat 06-Jul-13 16:34:33

They have added my name to the list! i hate coke but now i will have to find one!

fuzzpig Sat 06-Jul-13 16:25:00

My DSD can't find one with her name because when they named her DH couldn't spell the name correctly! (in his defence she does love the unusual spelling grin)

2children2cats Sat 06-Jul-13 16:17:39

I have been trying to get cokes with my name/family names or generic messages but sent dh to get me one today and he came back with Donna. Are there really enough people called Donna to warrant a coke bottle?

SodaStreamy Sat 06-Jul-13 16:06:04

Dizzy my kids went to the mobile one yesterday and got theirs. They wanted their nicknames on but the women would not let them. One eventually was allowed Keena ...(a nickname) as she said it sounded close enough to a 'real' name. The other was only allowed her full name confused .

They also got a free can of coke whilst waiting in the queue so all was well

NuggetofPurestGreen Sat 06-Jul-13 15:31:00

My first name is on them and my last name is also a first name so I have a choice of either. Usually just go for the 'friends' one if I can't see my names though. If they don't have those I wouldn't buy as couldn't drink someone else's!

Dizzyspell Sat 06-Jul-13 12:46:20

I am one of those people who rarely find my name on a keyring but on my husband got and email from Coke to that gives details of mobile areas where you can get your name on a bottle... https://apps.facebook.com/cokezonestudio/item?itemId=1431342141 or you can go through shareacoke.com also.

MiaowTheCat Sat 06-Jul-13 09:18:31

I go through all the bottles on the shelf to find one that has "friends" on it rather than have someone else's name. My name's never on anything though - neither are the DDs'... surprised DD1's isn't, DD2's name's slightly less common so less surprised on that one.

DH can get his name sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now