To cringe when i see people wearing the 'wrong' colours..?

(338 Posts)
Scarletohello Thu 04-Jul-13 18:08:53

Ok it all started a few years ago when I had my colours done, was told I was an Autumn, after hiding in black for years and although I was initially v unhappy with the diagnosis, I eventually accepted it and over time changed my clothes and ditched the black.

I now have a fantastic wardrobe of beautiful colours that really suit my colouring and all match. I often get compliments on what I'm wearing and I know it's just cos I'm wearing the right colours for me.

However, it's meant that I have become a bit of a colour fascist! I have 2 friends with similar colouring to me, pale, freckles, blue/ green eyes and reddish tints in their hair and for ages I have been trying to get them to ditch their black and wear warmer colours to the extent that they call me the fashion police and worry about what they are wearing when they are with me ( in a tongue in cheek way, obviously...)

Also when I see women wearing colours that really don't suit them, I have an overwhelming desire to go up to them and tell them ( obviously I don't, as I don't want a mouthful of abuse and its none of my business..)

But it bugs me! Yesterday I saw a woman with dark hair wearing a black and white jacket, a lime green jumper and cerise lipstick. It was just all wrong!! I don't know why it bothers me so much, but it does....What to do??

propertyNIGHTmareBEFOREXMAS Thu 04-Jul-13 18:21:28

I have seen plenty of blondes and gingers look lovely in black. O don't really understand why it upsets you so much, OP.

ShaggingZumbaStylee Thu 04-Jul-13 18:22:30

You are not Autumn. Autumn is a season

grin

Salmotrutta Thu 04-Jul-13 18:22:30

Don't be difficult now BabyStone.

That's not nice or big or clever wink

Pantone363 Thu 04-Jul-13 18:22:30

Do me do me. Blonde, green eyes but a natural tan

brilliantwhite Thu 04-Jul-13 18:23:06

so someone told you a certain colour suited you and you believed them , cant you see in the mirror or think for yourself .

Pantone363 Thu 04-Jul-13 18:23:08

Blondes can't wear black? confused

Salmotrutta Thu 04-Jul-13 18:23:15

Can I be Winter.

I like the colour of slush.

Tee2072 Thu 04-Jul-13 18:23:29

You're a spring, Pantone. Wear nothing but pale green and pink.*

*I may be talking out my ass because it's a load of 80s bullshit.

pantone you should wear only yellow and turquoise stripes, or orange and purple spots.

Salmotrutta Thu 04-Jul-13 18:23:48

I missed a ? out!

stargirl1701 Thu 04-Jul-13 18:23:53

Eh? I don't even notice what clothes other people wear.

What to do, you ask? You need more in your life. Go volunteer for a charity and you'll be busier so won't have time for silly nonsense like this.

Oldraver Thu 04-Jul-13 18:23:58

I know you say its tongue in cheek...but I bet your friends are secretly pissed off that when they meet you, they know you will be judging them

its called youth (aka mr tumble styley)

sarahseashell Thu 04-Jul-13 18:26:01

have my first ever biscuit
autumn version wink

I'll stick to the colours I like, actually. hmm

The only colour I actively avoid is yellow, cos I look jaundiced. (Sallow skin, you see.)

Twooter Thu 04-Jul-13 18:27:10

Well you are definitely NBU. I too am an autumn, and feel twitchy if I sense someone is in the wrong colour.

GobblersKnob Thu 04-Jul-13 18:27:37

Really? REALLY?

I am aware what colours suit me best but that isn't always what I choose to wear.

I am well aware for example that I look fuck awful in black, but I still wear it, not everyone dresses to look attractive to either themselves or others, some people dress to suit or express, themselves.

FreudiansSlipper Thu 04-Jul-13 18:27:49

do you buy your clothes from Marisota?

thebody Thu 04-Jul-13 18:29:45

Omg, thought this money making crap of having your colours done went out in the 80s.😜

i wore a yellow top to work once and a bloke i worked with said 'oooh, yellow's not your colour, is it...?"

it took ALL my willpower not to hit him....just so you know OP grin

I wasn't around in the 80s so I haven't heard of this 'wrong colour' bullshit.

I am capable of working out what I look a cunt in thank you very much.

NoelHeadbands Thu 04-Jul-13 18:31:48

do you buy your clothes from Marisota?

Hehe. Heh.

Are you Bridget Jones' mother, OP?

Scarletohello Thu 04-Jul-13 18:32:44

Oh dear I seem to have offended pretty much everyone on here! Really wasn't my intention and I am definitely not an arrogant person. I guess the point I was trying to get across is that I really love to help people and to help them look great. And yes it does make a difference what colours you wear, especially as you get older. Still, this thread has given people the opportunity to vent/ be outraged/ feel superior, so jolly good

NandH Thu 04-Jul-13 18:33:53

I have dark hair, tanned skin and wear dark colours...arrest me grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now