Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

To long for a world free from cunting pigeons

(141 Posts)
HoneyDragon Tue 02-Jul-13 17:57:23

Because the dog

Won't

Stop

Barking

At

Them

<<cries>>

And they just it there staring.

Going

Coo, coo, coo. All day.

Bark, coo, bark, coo.

I apologised to the neighbours, thankfully they haven't noticed the dog. They will when I run after the feathery bastards with a chain saw though.

MalcolmTuckersMum Tue 02-Jul-13 21:14:44

I have a one legged pigeon in my garden. Four freaking years it's been coming here. Four years. It should have been dead 3 3/4 years ago ffs. It hops around tilting pathetically to one side and it's one leg is so strong it looks like a fucking chicken drumstick. I am a bird lover so I make sure it doesn't starve and even the dog recognises how pathetic it is and leaves it alone!

badbride Tue 02-Jul-13 21:14:57

Am intrigued as to what "cunting" pigeons do. Are they roosting in your minge? If so, YADNBU. grin

mypussyiscalledCaramel Tue 02-Jul-13 21:15:19

I live across from our church, I hear pigeons all day everyday. IMHO seagulls are worse.

I have been woken many times by a pigeon cooing at midnight and also sodding gulls.

At least the jackdaws go to bed and stay theregrin

We also have a feral pigeon problem, to the point where falcons were tried. They decided, in the end that a cull was the only option, plus some gel stuff that looks like fire to pigeons.

The only plus side, is that my cat spends hours watching them coo in a tree across the way.

We also have a man who trundles around at 5am scraping the shit off the pavement with his fecking spade.

I'd rather have any bird except gulls, to be honest

lastnightiwenttomanderleyagain Tue 02-Jul-13 21:16:17

YABU.

I love a nice pan fried pigeon breast for dinner!

Alternatively, move our way where any pigeon that sits still for too long gets mistaken for dead and carted off by a red kite for a tasty snack.

Startail Tue 02-Jul-13 21:20:11

We have pigeons and seagulls in our city centre, they are a menace.

MadBusLady Tue 02-Jul-13 21:22:01

YANBU. One nearly flew into my face outside Euston today. The rats of the sky.

thishouseisashittip Tue 02-Jul-13 21:24:18

You are soooooo not being unreasonable (so much so it was totally worth writing the whole phrase!)
DISCLAIMER - if you are of a sensitive nature block your ears now! ........ I fuckin hate the bastard cunting twating cock sucking wank stains!!!! Death to all pigeons!!

MadBusLady Tue 02-Jul-13 21:25:40

Hm. This now makes me wonder if the pigeon that perches on my rose arch which I think of as a lovely cooing woodpigeon is in reality a dirty London pigeon that commutes in to Trafalgar Square every day for a hard day's eating fags and flying into people's faces.

orangeandemons Tue 02-Jul-13 21:25:51

Not keen then House?

EMUZ Tue 02-Jul-13 21:28:02

One sat in the middle of the road the other day and narrowly escaped death. I think it was his mate that then dive bombed my car in retaliation. Pigeon feathers bloody everywhere

SisterMatic Tue 02-Jul-13 21:29:56

A fucking chicken drumstick!! That made me laugh!

I have two at the bottom of my garden that are always bloody fighting slapping eachother with their wings.

ClayDavis Tue 02-Jul-13 21:31:31

YANBU. Pigeons should be banned. The same with cunting seagulls.

VeganCow Tue 02-Jul-13 21:32:27

MalcolmTuckersMum you made me laugh, chicken drumstick haha! Am pleased you look after it though smile

thishouseisashittip Tue 02-Jul-13 21:35:28

What gives you that idea orange?!

Bloody terrified of them if I'm honest��

i like pigeons. we dont have many here. we have loads of seagulls though. dh and i have sort off adopted the baby one at the back of our house. there are quite a lot of babies on roofs around our house. they have cute little churps and everything

HoneyDragon Tue 02-Jul-13 21:58:56

I don't think a bird scared will work Moonlight. 29 kilo of Labrador muscle doesn't.

And yes, that's the other thing about pigeons. They coo in the dark. That sends the Labrador batshit.

LetsFaceTheMusicAndDance Tue 02-Jul-13 22:07:06

Hate the fat little buggers.
DD1 is expert at creeping up behind them with a party popper.
DH suggested an air rifle but I'm rather fond of our fence.

greenhill Tue 02-Jul-13 22:09:16

We have amorous pigeons here: or rather lots of insistent males and females that are always either running away or getting squashed by lust.

They are better than seagulls though <whistles innocently>

Pixel Tue 02-Jul-13 23:29:53

I like seagulls too. All you people who don't like them should bog off and live inland.

(can someone please explain what the tennis ball smiley us supposed to mean. I know it's wimbledon and all but I'm confused)

tinkertitonk Tue 02-Jul-13 23:47:44

But pigeon is delicious!

I admit to not seeing the point of seagulls.

Alisvolatpropiis Wed 03-Jul-13 00:11:33

I like pigeons.

Hate loathe and detest seagulls though. How far in land counts? I live 8 miles inland and still see the fuckers every.single.day.

MyBaby1day Wed 03-Jul-13 03:48:26

YABU, about 2 weeks ago I was out eating a 99 and a tiny bit of the flake had dropped. Then came this pigeon (no fear AT ALL) came right upto me and ate it. He was circling round me and my pal who I was with, my pal at one point (when he was wandering at the back of her) grin said "I don't trust him" ha ha, neither did I. Some time after he walked right upto some teenagers and a horrible lad throw something at him sad. He said "it walked right upto me"!, well I found it cute (though I did watch my ice-cream)! grin. But I have no ill feeling towards any creature in the animal world (the human one is however a different story). I just try and live in harmony with them. Be kind to our feathered friends peeps!!. They're only animals and don't have a clue what they're doing!! smile

RealAleandOpenFires Wed 03-Jul-13 04:00:25

City pigeons & seagulls vermin should be culled as much as possible or be given contraceptives some how. BWHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

town pigeons are skanky,deseise infested little shit machines.
now im in the country the wood pigeons are fine.
I would be more pissed off with an annoying dog that barks at anything that comes within its line of vision.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now