to not post on threads where the op is ridiculously long, for that reason only?

(30 Posts)
Mintyy Sun 30-Jun-13 16:44:23

I am always terribly impressed (or sometimes a bit mystified) to see people kindly replying to pages and pages of ramble.

I am sure most op's could be written in full, no drip-feeding, in a couple of hundred words confused.

OwlinaTree Sun 30-Jun-13 18:08:23

yes, some threads offer lots of support. But i would advise people who are looking for support rather than advice to post on a thread that is more about support than advice.

Nottalotta Sun 30-Jun-13 20:51:12

What is tldr? I often don't reply to very long posts byt only really because they sometimes worry me (the mental health aspect) and i don't feel 'qualified' to reply.

I do try to read some long OPs but often just get lost and then give up. I can't see the point in posting "I can't be arsed" etc. Just comment on threads you want to. I tend not to comment on anything with more than 3 pages of posts when I start. I really can't be bothered trawling through them all, and I don't like commenting unless I know what has been said.

Have googled TLDR - Too Long, Didn't Read. (Was wondering myself)

Trills Sun 30-Jun-13 21:12:05

It is never unreasonable to choose not to participate in a thread.

Even if you would have the absolute best advice, that nobody else could offer, it's not your sacred duty to respond.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now