Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

to have only just realised that the logo...

(144 Posts)

for BlackBerry is actually two overlapping Bs and not the cluster of dots I've assumed it to be for the past five years of BlackBerry ownership?!

What blindingly obvious things have you failed to notice?

CuppaSarah Sun 30-Jun-13 11:55:01

I thought it was a cluster of berries. shock

Bowlersarm Sun 30-Jun-13 12:00:00

I knew that!

What I didn't know until yesterday after years of driving, is that the roundabout road sign isn't a closed circle-there is a gap in it.

OwlinaTree Sun 30-Jun-13 12:03:29

I thought sprouts grew individually like cabbages in rows. My dad pointed out a sprout bush in the garden and i was...oh.

picnicbasketcase Sun 30-Jun-13 12:11:31

It blew my mind when I saw pictures of pineapples growing, and then I felt very silly that I didn't know before that they don't grow on trees like coconuts.

CrowsLanding Sun 30-Jun-13 12:15:05

Pineapples don't grow on trees? shock

SmiteYouWithThunderbolts Sun 30-Jun-13 12:15:51

Where do pineapples grow then?! confused

catgirl1976 Sun 30-Jun-13 12:17:55

Totally gobsmacked about the pineapples

"What I didn't know until yesterday after years of driving, is that the roundabout road sign isn't a closed circle-there is a gap in it."

Sometimes, sometimes not. They mean different things.

Alibabaandthe40nappies Sun 30-Jun-13 12:19:53

Pineapples grow in the ground.

I know this from Bob the Builder hmm

mrsjay Sun 30-Jun-13 12:23:17

eh what I thougt pineapples grew on pineapple trees do they not , shock

DowntonTrout Sun 30-Jun-13 12:25:35

That a dual carriageway is defined by a road that has a physical barrier separating the two opposing flows of traffic, be this a grass verge, railings, a kerbed pavement down the centre etc. thereby meaning two separated carriageways and not just two lanes of traffic in each direction.

picnicbasketcase Sun 30-Jun-13 12:26:01

Google images of growing pineapples, they don't look how you'd imagine at all.

Auntlinny Sun 30-Jun-13 12:26:42

Pineapples grow like cabbages. Have seen fields and fields of them in Queensland. I always thought that the kiwi (bird) was the same size as a kiwifruit. Really surprised when i saw one - big fluffy thing.

mrsjay Sun 30-Jun-13 12:27:59

I thought A kiwi bird was named after the fruit apparently it is a mowri word blush

RinkyDinkyDoo Sun 30-Jun-13 12:28:56

Omg,just googled pineapples. Wow,we'll that's something myself and DH have learned today,they don't grow on trees.

mrsjay Sun 30-Jun-13 12:28:58

I didnt know the Nile went all through a lot of Africa I assumed it was just in Egypt

Auntlinny Sun 30-Jun-13 12:30:52

Yep - the kiwi fruit was named as some sort of marketing ploy by the growers/ exporters. Used to be called Chinese gooseberries apparently.

MorrisZapp Sun 30-Jun-13 12:31:45

It's not that obvious I suppose but here goes. Martin Short the American actor is the cousin of Claire Short the UK politician.

I still cannot see the b's

Nerfmother Sun 30-Jun-13 12:32:40

I knew about pineapples from being obsessed with Elvis and Blue Hawaii when I was little.

LongGoneBeforeDaylight Sun 30-Jun-13 12:35:55

I thought the batman logo was a yellow mouth with big teeth. Only realised it was a bat last year. confused

workhouse Sun 30-Jun-13 12:41:33

Iv'e just recently found out, from a thread on Mumsnet, that a fortnight is a shortened version of fourteen nights. How did I get to fifty five without realising this!

DowntonTrout Sun 30-Jun-13 12:45:31

Most things we call nuts are not nuts. They are either legumes or drupes.

So peanuts, walnuts, cashew, brazil nuts etc are not nuts.

Hazelnuts, Acorns and chestnuts are nuts.

Does nobody watch QI?! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now