About the skunk dealer up the road?

(22 Posts)
D0oinMeCleanin Sun 30-Jun-13 11:33:03

Our house stinks of skunk. The whole fecking street does. I am sursprised that he hasn't been raided by the police yet. It is very obvious what he is growing/smoking.

It's only fair that he give us some free samples to compensate us for the inconvenience, yes? wink

HouseAtreides Sun 30-Jun-13 11:34:44

Wonderful mental images of a huge skunk enclosure in his back garden, with gangs of skunks roaming around. grin

Very poor! He could've at least used coffee in his aircon filters to disguise the smell...

The last time there was an overpowering skunk smell on our street, the house next door but one was raided. Maybe it's going to happen soon on yours!

SoupDragon Sun 30-Jun-13 11:36:05

Surely you dont need free samples, you can just stick your head out of the window and take a deep breath.

I immediately thought there was a guy illegally trading stripy fluffy animals down your road. Ah well...

D0oinMeCleanin Sun 30-Jun-13 11:38:46

It happens every summer, he either must get raided and then set up again or the police are turning a blind eye hmm

I might go round one weekend after a few vinos and demand he let me try his wares since he's making my house stink.

FredFredGeorge Sun 30-Jun-13 12:10:41

What did the police say when you reported it?

picnicbasketcase Sun 30-Jun-13 12:13:16

Love the idea of illicit trading in stripy creatures. He might branch out into badgers, maybe the odd okapi.

Branleuse Sun 30-Jun-13 12:15:44

he is definitely being unreasonable to not compensate you. where is his sense of irie?

Latara Sun 30-Jun-13 13:16:35

Fluffy smelly stripy skunks shut up in this heat?

call the RSPCA grin

Buddhagirl Sun 30-Jun-13 14:31:32

Ha ha, does your house really smell of it!?

HotCrossPun Sun 30-Jun-13 14:33:15

Fred OP hasn't said she reported it.

I rather suspect that's Fred's point, Hot...

propertyNIGHTmareBEFOREXMAS Sun 30-Jun-13 14:51:56

If you and dh like your skunk then it would be counterproductive to report him. Either enjoy having a dealer on your doorstep or report him to the police.

wonderingsoul Sun 30-Jun-13 14:59:07

I'd report it.

And wouldn't be to happy about it tbh.

quoteunquote Sun 30-Jun-13 15:04:03

There is an elderly couple on the edge of our village who have an enormous plant in their garden each year, which they loving tend, they have no idea what it is, every time either my husband or I chat to them they offer us a cutting so we can grow it, they suggest well rotted manure and comfrey as feed,

You always see people sniffing the air as they walk past, it around the other side of their bungalow, so can't be seen,

they did tell us it mysteriously grew the year after they had rented out their house, to have an OAP gap year.

I always pick their dog up when walking past, on occasion when I have met family members we all exchange knowing looks and grins, they love their plant so none of us are going to spoil it for them.

D0oinMeCleanin Sun 30-Jun-13 15:10:04

DH thinks it is not the usual suspect, it is the new neighbour, which makes sense as it smells a lot stronger this year.

No I haven't reported either of them and nor will I. Neither of them are causing me any problems apart from a smell and tbh there are worse things my house could smell of and worse neighbours I could have. Bar one hose warming party a few weeks ago, he's been very quiet.

DH does not like weed and I haven't smoked it for years but the children are going away for two weeks shortly

grin @ the weed growing OAPs.

On hot summer days, the road the infant school is on smells of skunk- pisses me right off.

I bet the OAPs know exactly what they are growing and have a little stoned giggle at their cover story.

quoteunquote Sun 30-Jun-13 15:34:55

AKiss

We did think that for quite a while, but after conversations with them and the daughter, we know they don't,

she is dreading anyone telling them,

there an entire headland here that was planted some years ago, quite hard to get to(the sheep can't), and very funny watching people on the coastal path trying to work out where the smell is coming from.

OldLadyKnowsNothing Sun 30-Jun-13 16:46:21

Marijuana is an annual, so if it's not dying and regrowing each year, it's not flowering either. (This is possible, depending on light conditions, it can continue in vegetative state for years.) And if it's not flowering, it's not much use for, er, the usual purposes.

FredFredGeorge Sun 30-Jun-13 20:34:12

Yes, my point is YABU for moaning about it, unless you report it, you're equally not being U not to report if you don't want too...

Moaning about it and doing nothing is just silly.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now