WIBU to ask me neighbours to clean this dogshit up?

(30 Posts)
Bogeyface Fri 28-Jun-13 19:36:36

Considering that it is on my back lawn after their dog escaped and came into my garden?

Thing is, I only just found it after the dog was in the garden a week ago as it is right by the back fence. My children play out there so it needs to be moved but frankly I really dont want to do it. I hate dogs and hate dog shit even more! But my friend thinks that as it was a week ago, I would be petty to ask them to do it and should just do it myself.

Bogeyface Fri 28-Jun-13 19:36:52

my neighbours, not me neighbours!

TidyDancer Fri 28-Jun-13 19:39:06

As so much time has passed, then yes I think you should do it. If it was same day or next day, I would've asked them.

crumblepie Fri 28-Jun-13 19:41:30

do it yourself , why drag this up a week later , i would think you were very petty if i was your neighbour and you asked me .

Bogeyface Fri 28-Jun-13 19:43:16

Fair enough.

I just really hate dog shit and I dont see that I should have to clean up their pets crap because they cant be bothered to look after it properly.....the reason it escaped and its general care is another thread entirely but yes, I have called RSPCA and they have done nothing to my knowledge.

LEMisdisappointed Fri 28-Jun-13 19:46:22

I would be more concerned about making sure that the dog couldnt get into your garden again (so making sure the neighbour dog proofs their fence!) than the poo - just pick it up. At least its an old turd and not a nice new steaming, stinky one! Eitehr get a nappy bag and do it or pick it up with the rake. Really, its only shit!

If you came round and asked me id do it with a smile,as i would be mortified about my dog getting out and being in your garden, but i would think you were a teeeny bit anal.

LEMisdisappointed Fri 28-Jun-13 19:47:36

Oh, yeah, well don't hold your breath on the RSPCA front! I would be getting on their case about securing the fence!

Bogeyface Fri 28-Jun-13 20:05:07

Hmm....securing the fence would be "what fence?" .... you get the problem?

ZillionChocolate Fri 28-Jun-13 20:06:14

If you don't have nappy wearing children, you could go and ask them for a poo bag. I have a stock of nappy bags for picking up other people's pet poo from my garden.

LEMisdisappointed Fri 28-Jun-13 20:25:57

They don't have a fence?? shock Yes, i get the problem sad

Bogeyface Fri 28-Jun-13 20:26:53

They have an old gate propped up that is no match for a fully grown red setter sad

RoseandVioletCreams Fri 28-Jun-13 20:27:21

Ask I would be mortified if my dog had shat in someone's garden and would be more than happy to clear it up.

kinkyfuckery Fri 28-Jun-13 20:38:18

I'd clear it up myself but make sure to tell them that you did, but next time you expect them to do it themselves.

tiggerpigger Fri 28-Jun-13 21:15:57

I'd be fuming. Make them clean up after their own filthy animal. How would they like it if you went round and curled one out on their patio?

MintyChops Fri 28-Jun-13 21:24:32

YABU, clean it up yourself and sort your own fence out.

SacreBlue Fri 28-Jun-13 21:36:16

I would get a fence up if possible and totally get your anger. When my son was a toddler we lived in a flat with a gated garden - discovered one (not close) neighbour letting themselves into our garden to let their dog shit!!!!!

Needless to say padlock went on gate immediately and said person (there is no park nearby <- their 'excuse'!!!) was told if they tried to get in again I would call police. The area was very rough (paramilitaries) and we got out, thankfully, after a number of hideous experiences.

Fence up if you can, word with owner, if you can, and if no change, extreme care of DC to avoid toxocarnis (sp?) and move. (If you can sad)

Nanny0gg Fri 28-Jun-13 21:40:10

Maybe try the council dog warden if no joy from RSPCA?

TidyDancer Fri 28-Jun-13 22:07:53

The council dog warden is not going to help with a) welfare issues and b) incidents that happen on private property. They will refer you to the RSPCA.

Bogeyface Sat 29-Jun-13 00:43:16

YABU, clean it up yourself and sort your own fence out.

Why when it isnt my pets shit? And I do have a very good fence, but they dont and refuse to do so. I cannot go onto their property and install a gate large enough to keep their dog in and why the fuck should I?!

theodorakisses Sat 29-Jun-13 08:50:45

I like your thread title, it reminds me of the episode of friends where Ross was trying to sound English!
If it were my dog, I wouldn't mind being asked to clean it up and would be very apologetic.

yanbu!
i would ask in a polite way.
if they refuse pick it up and chuck it into their garden.

everlong Sat 29-Jun-13 09:19:41

I get why you're miffed.

Their dog shouldn't be allowed in your garden.

Go and speak with them. Tell them what's happened and ask them to sort out a way of stopping the dog in your garden. They may get the hint then.

MintyChops Sun 30-Jun-13 13:25:33

Well if your fence is inadequate it could be any dog coming in and taking a dump.

quietbatperson Sun 30-Jun-13 17:14:58

Scoop it up with a trowel and wang it in to their back garden? <childish>

Bogeyface Sun 30-Jun-13 18:24:21

My fence isnt inadequate, their's is non existent and I cant block it off completely because of the way the access is arranged to the back of the house. We have to leave access to another neighbours back garden sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now