To cringe at this wedding photo in local paper

(70 Posts)
haggisandneeps Fri 28-Jun-13 16:42:23

Flicking through the local paper and came to the wedding section. 4 couples got married. 3 perfectly normal photos and 1....

I'm not sure I can describe the sheer horror but I will try! The wedding party are all running towards the camera with bride and groom in the middle. 2 of them are looking backwards and some of the party are screaming.

Oh almost forgot! They are running/screaming from the giant T-Rex that's behind them hmm wish I know how to upload photos so you could all marvel at it.

Alconleigh Sun 30-Jun-13 09:16:26

Just me being a grump then, fair enough! It's just with wedding photos, either I was there, in which case I don't need to see pictures of it, or I wasn't there because we're not close enough for me to have been invited, in which case why would I care about the photos?

ImTooHecsyForYourParty Sun 30-Jun-13 08:50:25

I like it.

It's better to have fun with it than to do 20 'duck face while gazing into his eyes as he leans against a tree' pics or be so uptight about your Perfect Day that you get someone to ensure every blade of grass is the same height or you have a nervous breakdown when you get the photos back and realise one of the bridesmaids was 1/8th of a mm out of position.

I think it's funny. Much better than the bloody cheesy love hearts and sparkles. I wish I'd done something like that.

itsallshitandmoreshit Sun 30-Jun-13 06:51:54

I love it! It's original and fun. Brilliant idea.

More than a fair sprinkle of po on this thread smile

exoticfruits Sun 30-Jun-13 06:22:33

I was expecting to cringe but I really liked it.

Jengnr Sun 30-Jun-13 06:18:26

I would never have been able to run like that in my wedding dress. My boobs would have been out and I'd have fallen flat on my face! Kudos to the bride!

In the event of a dinosaur attack I'd have been toast! smile

I love it though.

SconeRhymesWithGone Sun 30-Jun-13 05:40:03

It's not that unusual to have 7 bridesmaids in the US.

And this picture is from the South. Seven is actually pretty conservative for a big Southern wedding 'cause your mamma makes you have all your first cousins whether you want to or not. wink

WhiteBirdBlueSky Sun 30-Jun-13 00:18:32

I'd think it hilarious if one of my friends spontaneously did that.

HoneyDragon Sun 30-Jun-13 00:13:37

Alconlrigh as long as I'm around they won't. I LOVE wedding pics.

Gonnabmummy Sun 30-Jun-13 00:05:56

I think it's brill!

I think thats hilarious

morethanpotatoprints Sat 29-Jun-13 22:35:49

Ah, what a lovely picture. They look so happy and its obviously what they wanted.
I think if you like this type of thing there's nothing wrong with copying it, most things have been done before anyway.

dementedma Sat 29-Jun-13 22:32:24

I love it. Far better than our traditional boring ones

squoosh Sat 29-Jun-13 22:31:36

LOVE the Marj and Homer wedding photo, very ummmmm, homemade and 'rustic'.

squoosh Sat 29-Jun-13 22:29:13

I thought the original T Rex photo was brilliant, I mean who wants to look at a boring photo of people looking into each other's eyes?

But it's a bit cringey that other people are now copying it. Have some originality people!

VianneFox Sat 29-Jun-13 20:32:03

Oh I love it actually grin

GiddyStars Sat 29-Jun-13 13:02:54

Batman angry you got me! grin

I love the t-rex photo. I can't advocate enough the use of dinosaurs in wedding albums all over the world. Amazing.

BatmanLovesAllan Sat 29-Jun-13 12:54:55

grin

TheCunnyFunt Sat 29-Jun-13 11:09:21

I thought that too Kit, it's still good though!

sashh Sat 29-Jun-13 02:09:10

Hang on, I thought we were prepping for zombies, not T-rex.

Love the cowboy boots.

kitnkaboodle Fri 28-Jun-13 23:14:37

Am I the only one who thinks this isn't even a real wedding photo?? Look at the state of them all, for goodness' sake - they're all gorgeous (ie models) - no?

Alconleigh Fri 28-Jun-13 23:03:20

dear lord, when will people realise no one gives a shiny shit about their wedding photos, no matter how 'unique' they are?

woopsidaisy Fri 28-Jun-13 22:21:34

Oh my dear lord Batman.
MY EYES!!!!!
grin

batman you GOT me with a TWC sad grin

GiveMumABreak Fri 28-Jun-13 22:15:51

kato love it!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now