After 7 years this can gets to me.....

(38 Posts)
jaabaar Thu 27-Jun-13 23:25:04

Hi

We live in a small terraced house. Sincecwe bought our house 7 years ago a van has been parked outside our house, well not exactly outside, like half of van outside our house.

Huge dirty old white van however fully taxed etc.

This van is all I see when I seat in my living room.

Now I know he is legally allowed to park there and I do not own the road...

But am I being unreasonable to just feel fed up with this view after 7 years?

jaabaar Thu 27-Jun-13 23:25:34

Sorry.... van not can in title......

Elquota Thu 27-Jun-13 23:28:47

Get an old banger/motorbike that doesn't work on eBay/Freecycle and park it outside your window?

Tweasels Thu 27-Jun-13 23:29:07

For 7 solid years? Has it never moved?

runningonwillpower Thu 27-Jun-13 23:31:21

If he hasn't moved after 7 years, I'd be asking for one of those police aware notices.

jaabaar Thu 27-Jun-13 23:35:52

He moves it about six times a year maximum. When he does move it he drives car out of parking, gets his other car and parks it in that spot. So when he comes back few hours later he can park it in the same spot.

I know I'm being unreasonable.... But it just gets to me now to see everyday this bloody van....

jaabaar Thu 27-Jun-13 23:37:01

So nobody ever manages to park in that spot..... So eBay solution with old banger not possible.....

NeoMaxiZoomDweebie Thu 27-Jun-13 23:37:18

YANBU there must be something you can do! how annoying.

NeoMaxiZoomDweebie Thu 27-Jun-13 23:37:54

I would push it out of the way and park my own car there. I just would. Then I would deny moving it.

jaabaar Thu 27-Jun-13 23:39:34

He is legally parked so not much you can do....... I wish I could. The few hours he leaves per year... Oh the beauty of feeling so light for not having a claustrophobic van in my view!

HoneyDragon Thu 27-Jun-13 23:41:01

Next time he swaps them, leg it to the van whilst he's in the car and nick the tax disc.

On his return wait till he looks like he'll be out for a while and call it in. Hopefully they'll tow it.

Or have a massive party, get everyone pissed and for a laugh carry the van to the next street. Nip out and put your car in the space. Replace with bsnger ASAP.

jaabaar Thu 27-Jun-13 23:41:39

Neomaxi: very tempting!

Even when there was a street and drains clean and we got notice that all cars are to be moved for that day..... His was still there unmoved....

WorraLiberty Thu 27-Jun-13 23:41:53

YANBU to be pissed off

But there's nothing you can do about it

jaabaar Thu 27-Jun-13 23:43:19

Hahahah honey! You really cheered me up and made me laugh!

It really is bloody annoying. I think some other neighbours tried to involve the council but without success

jaabaar Thu 27-Jun-13 23:44:20

I know worry. As he is really legally parked. He just hijacked that spot I believe for over 13 years now

NeoMaxiZoomDweebie Thu 27-Jun-13 23:44:25

I would get my kids playing with mud out there...in their own front garden of course but messily.

ClartyCarol Thu 27-Jun-13 23:44:45

Oh that would seriously piss me off too.

Why the f would you tax and insure a vehicle to only use it once every two months on average?

Don't see what you can do about it though, apart from asking politely to move it because it's blocking your light. Easier said than done, I know.

jaabaar Thu 27-Jun-13 23:44:46

Worry=worry sorry

cozietoesie Thu 27-Jun-13 23:44:47

I'd be asking myself why on earth someone wanted to park a van for 7 (seven!) years which they only used a few times a year. Know any friendly PCSOs who could check whether the tax disc (and insurance, MOT etc) are genuine?

jaabaar Thu 27-Jun-13 23:45:55

Cozie: he is a bit of a hoarder and the van is absolutely stuffed with bits and pieces for storing.

jaabaar Thu 27-Jun-13 23:47:23

Cozie: I was convinced he has a fake mot. When he moves his car it stinks sooooooo much that even with closed windows the rooms stink so much I can't stop coughing!

ClartyCarol Thu 27-Jun-13 23:47:42

Oh. Makes the street party conga shifting the van a bit more tricky if it's full of stuff sad.

cozietoesie Thu 27-Jun-13 23:49:35

It's still a lot of money to lay out if he was doing it legally. (Including keeping the vehicle roadworthy after 7 years of being out in all weathers.) I would be wondering whether it's genuinely covered.

Is he a neighbour?

HoHoHoNoYouDont Thu 27-Jun-13 23:55:44
jaabaar Fri 28-Jun-13 00:00:01

Hahaha clarity carol!

Geeze there are much more important things in life, I'm just soooooo annoyed abt it today. Then for some days I'm so used to it I don't notice...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now