to buy myself a build a bear

(55 Posts)
superbagpuss Tue 25-Jun-13 18:16:38

my DT got build a bear vouchers for their birthday so we want along and got them a bear each

while I was there I saw a my little pony build a bear and saw a sully - from monsters inc - being advertised

I'm 32 and not at all girlie - would I be unreasonable to get me one for my bedroom? I have the money so DT wouldn't go without?
my birthday is 6 months away so a long time to wait for a present

bassetfeet Thu 27-Jun-13 18:56:44

I love teddy bears smile. Not silly at all in my head.
Met someone once through work. Lovely composed 40ish lady . She was having radiotherapy. Always carried a back pack with her books /crossword /crochet in to pass the time while waiting for her treatment
Once in treatment room she brought out a battered kindly teddy and he stayed on her tummy while her treatment was carried out .
Scary and lonely time having cancer treatment isnt it ?
That scuffed dog eared bear gave her so much comfort . I learnt a lot .

superbagpuss Sat 29-Jun-13 18:46:00

I bought a keep fit cheer bear today from a car boot sale, it moves and talks

so pleased with grin

DumSpiroSpero Sat 29-Jun-13 19:53:41

I am sitting reading this with DD's BaB and her 'baby' (Smallfry) on my lap.

I have a BaB, the IL's have a a bunny and a fox.

DD has decided she wants our bears to get married over the summer, so we will be holding a furry wedding in the garden and prior to that, taking DD's bear back to BaB for restuff & fluff!

Before DD got her bear at a friend's party nearly two years ago, I thought it was the biggest load of cobblers ever...blush grin

MyBaby1day Sun 30-Jun-13 05:17:52

Do it!!, bet he's SOOooooo cute!! smile. I know it's nothing to do with build-a-bear but I have a puppet and he's amazing!!, love him!. Teddies/puppets rule!! grin

Trazzletoes Sun 30-Jun-13 05:30:17

Do it superbagpuss do it!

Oh and I am so not worried about the bowls anymore grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now