to ask for your HONEST opinions, should i get the side of my head shaved?

(117 Posts)
MoodyDidIt Tue 25-Jun-13 14:54:58

i have a short choppy hairstyle and am going for a trim tomorrow and am thinking of asking my hairdresser to shave the side of my head, can't really describe it but its a bit like rihanna here

am 33, if it looks shit, it will grow back right? its only hair

i will also put a pic of myself on here, how my hair looks now - for a VERY short time, so people can judge advise

again, please be honest, i promise i won't be offended grin

<wibble>

MoodyDidIt Thu 27-Jun-13 21:17:52

aww thanks everlong smile

i must take the pics down now before i get outed!!!

I love the feel of the air on my head. Because I'm currently wearing dreads, it's so cool to the back of my neck etc all clear of hair smile

everlong Thu 27-Jun-13 17:53:56

Love it. You have a lovely look smile

shock that's awesome!

MoodyDidIt Thu 27-Jun-13 15:27:53

ha yes i have scarlett grin it feels so lovely and fuzzy! although that bit of my head has felt cold today

and bullet - my eyebrows are not even real, they are tattoo'ed on - they are AMAZING

Have you been having fun stroking your head OP? I love stroking my shaved bits grin

And I mean on my head....minds out of the gutter ladies!

It looks great!
On a different note, I'm very jealous of your eyebrows...

ToysRLuv Thu 27-Jun-13 11:27:45

I agree with diddl about the whole head, as well.

Dillydollydaydream Thu 27-Jun-13 11:06:01

I love your hairstyle!
👍

melika Thu 27-Jun-13 10:58:07

No.

diddl Thu 27-Jun-13 10:38:36

I think it would look great if it was all like that tbh.

MoodyDidIt Thu 27-Jun-13 10:00:29

awwww am blush at all the lovely comments. thank you x

i think you should just go for it amyfarrah - its only hair. and it might look amazing. and if not who cares, at least you have tried it

for the person who asked what i put on my skin i do OCM and use coconut oil. i dont agree i have great skin though, more like a shit phone camera that doesnt show it properly grin

cocolepew Wed 26-Jun-13 23:49:30

It's looks fabulous!! Agree with getting clippers, I used to do my own hair with them when I had it short.

AmyFarrahFowlerCooper Wed 26-Jun-13 23:41:45

I just don't want to look even more like my brother <cries> but I want it!

WhiteBirdBlueSky Wed 26-Jun-13 23:32:32

Yes. Don't do it if you have a fat manly face. Unless you want to. In which case, do it.

AmyFarrahFowlerCooper Wed 26-Jun-13 23:25:43

Aww I want to do it now! Is it too risky if I have a fat manly face though? sad

ToysRLuv Wed 26-Jun-13 23:16:07

That's very close to the style I have. You should buy yourself a pair of (cheapish) clippers and get someone to do your shaved bit every week or two, so it doesn't get tufty, but also, so that you don't need to pay the hairdresser to do it while the long side is till fine. My DH does it, and he is no born hairdresser, but he does a good job.

ToysRLuv Wed 26-Jun-13 23:12:34

Oh, you did it already! Serves me right to not read the whole thread! Well done.

ToysRLuv Wed 26-Jun-13 23:11:48

Go for it, OP. I've got it, and really liked it. Since Kerry Katona cut hers, I'm a bit less in love with it. I am a bit alternative anyway and definitely in the "it's only hair" camp, so suits me. Thinking now of taking the clippers to my whole head like I did around 9 years ago. Hair is such a bother. All the washing an styling - never looks quite right. Or does for a bit, then a a strong gust of wind or drizzle fucks it up instantly.

DramaAlpaca Wed 26-Jun-13 23:08:47

Suits you OP!

HerrenaHarridan Wed 26-Jun-13 23:05:08

So behind the times, should have posts yesterday instead of watching.

It does look hot!

I love the feel if shaved hair smile

HerrenaHarridan Wed 26-Jun-13 23:03:20

Some people will not vote for any style that is not traditional.

If you want it go for it, if you hate it crop the lot off.
If you want to grow it out wait till winter as wear a hat

Although tbh when growing my hair out from shaved I have always coasted the in betweens with a little bit if leave in conditioner to make it lay down OR sit up and it's looked fan.

I fucking love really short hair on women and I think it would look hot on you wink

WilsonFrickett Wed 26-Jun-13 22:55:44

Love it op. acers.

OP it looks fucking awesome. Shaved ladies rule grin

Thanks for all the comments

Fenton Wed 26-Jun-13 22:37:43

I love it !

At 40<cough> I fear I am too jowly now, - i've left it too late sad

I did have very short sides and curiously dark hair, age 14 at grammar school - so I guess I had my time.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now