To think this picture of a child has been airbrushed???

(107 Posts)
PrettyFlyForAWifi Tue 25-Jun-13 09:03:49

http://tablet.hm.com/gb/product/11624#article=11624-C

Is it me or do this child's legs look unnaturally skinny - please tell me they're not airbrushing kids' thighs now.

AmyFarrahFowlerCooper Fri 28-Jun-13 10:36:01

I thought OP had asked if they airbrush children's images in general rather than specifically for shape altering reasons so that's why I thought they were avoiding things.

PrettyFlyForAWifi Fri 28-Jun-13 10:44:56

No, Soupdragon's right, I did just ask about shape altering. General touch ups on the photo I accept as part of the industry.

AmyFarrahFowlerCooper Fri 28-Jun-13 10:49:30

Ah okay. I'll retract my accusation of h&m avoiding things then! grin

ICBINEG Fri 28-Jun-13 10:57:43

sarahandfuck wow thank you so much for that info on googling before and after!

I am starting to wonder why they bother with the model in the first place?!?!

I mean OMG...I knew airbrushing was a thing but I didn't realise what a huge difference it makes!

SarahAndFuck Fri 28-Jun-13 16:57:07

It's amazing to see the difference in some of them isn't it ICBINEG?

I remember watching a programme about it once and it was fascinating, but the before and after in some cases look like entirely different people.

I was fascinated by the way they airbrushed the clothes even, regardless of them having a model in them.

And it was interesting to see the comparison pictures to show just how much had been changed.

Could do with someone to airbrush me a bit in real life

StuntGirl Fri 28-Jun-13 23:04:09

bluesbaby is probably correct. The lower half of the body is a different angle to the upper half, which is what gives it the odd and unatural appearance. They'll have taken the best bits of several photos and put them together. Happens all the time.

My partner had a photoshoot a few weeks ago and they cropped all sorts of bits together to make the end image!

Madeyemoodysmum Fri 28-Jun-13 23:35:08

I don't see the problem in brightening eyes, why wouldnt they want their models to look as cute and healthy as possible.

I wouldn't agree with slimming down models but they have said they don't do this.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now