to feel vaguely annoyed about the teacher's present collection?

(178 Posts)
prettybutclumpy Mon 24-Jun-13 16:33:48

I have been collecting donations for my DC's teacher at school with another really lovely mum. She suggested that all the children should sign the card rather than just the kids whose parents had donated to the present. I think about half the class parents have donated, the others may be doing their own thing or not think teacher's presents are necessary. I don't have any issues with either of these positions. However....AIBU to be vaguely annoyed that the teacher, if she does her sums, might think the average donation wasn't much when most donating parents have given a fiver, and some even a tenner?

wherearemysocka Thu 27-Jun-13 18:10:38

To be honest, although I love the cards and keep every one of them, just the words 'thank you' would suffice.

catkinjane Thu 18-Jul-13 14:44:30

My DD has just been excluded for a newsletter containing photos and messages 'from' the children along with one other child in the class, because I didn't want to contribute to the collection.

Babouche Thu 18-Jul-13 14:54:51

YABU.
Not read all of this this so sorry if repeating but if you read the teachers present threads on here they all say the best thing is a card,even better with a personal message, so that should be from everyone.
A present is a bonus.No-one expects one.Most people recommend getting something for about £5 anyway.
Why do you care if the teacher "knows" who spent £10 and not £5.It is just a token of thanks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now