To not really be missing DS

(30 Posts)
victoriousEaglet Mon 24-Jun-13 15:04:11

N/c as a bit blush

Away on business, first time I've ever left DS, who is 2
It's a whole week and I thought I'd be pining dreadfully
But...five days in and I am really not shock

It's nice, I can meet colleagues for a drink after work rather than running home for nursery pick up and bath-time, or have wine and room service all by myself in hotel and unlimited wifi for MN-ing

I have looked at his pictures and smiled at his cute little face, had a little chat with him earlier, but I'm loving being away!!

Am I heartless??

nenevomito Tue 25-Jun-13 08:43:32

Nope not a bit.

I love being away from my children for a bit! Just not often enough for my liking really.

Yonihadtoask Tue 25-Jun-13 09:00:41

YANBU

I am used to this as split with Ds' father when DS was 2. so had to get used to weekends without DS.

I tend to feel a bit sad when saying goodbye, but then it wears off.

Out of sight, out of mind - is how I handle it.

Same for DH too grin

conorsrockers Tue 25-Jun-13 10:28:33

I travel for work quite alot (but I refuse to be away for more than 4 nights). I don't 'pine' for them when I am working as I'm busy. It's when I step on the plane to get back home that it kicks in!! I've also found I miss them more the older they get wink

MyBaby1day Wed 26-Jun-13 03:16:06

Well I can understand you enjoying the time alone but when you mentioned his cute little face!!, aawww....think I'de miss him so I'm on the fence.

MidniteScribbler Wed 26-Jun-13 06:09:19

I haven't had any time to myself since DS was born. I'm so jealous of your five days! Enjoy it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now