To want to find alternative song words for some artists?!

(20 Posts)
BatmanLovesAllan Mon 24-Jun-13 07:19:00

Stu Heritage

Thanks for that tip, dominodonkey - just read it and it is brilliant!!

shushpenfold Mon 24-Jun-13 07:00:36

LYRICS.....that's the word I was looking for! grin Thanks floatyflo.

Sorry - I think it was my intense annoyance at yet another playing of Bruno on a marvellous, but decidedly repetitive playlist playing radio station......rhymes with breaking wind! x

amazingmumof6 Mon 24-Jun-13 01:41:43

domino surely "girl on fire" means horny.

I see my Thububle post is more like a rant grin I just dislike the twat

Dominodonkey Mon 24-Jun-13 01:00:42

Sorry should say by guardian journalist stu heritage

Dominodonkey Mon 24-Jun-13 00:59:58

There is a very amusing blog by a guardian journalist analysing 'girl on fire' . Check it out!

amazingmumof6 Mon 24-Jun-13 00:56:11

James Blunt

" and I don't know what to do
coz I'll never be with you!"

but the he jumps off a cliff, which I can only presume is suicide attempt at least -so you knew what to do

and btw if you jump off a cliff and die of course you will never be with her you twat so man up, stop moaning and either go after her or forget about her!

sheesh!

I have so many clothes I keep some at my Aunts house

That's nothing to brag about love. Sort your clothes out if you have so many and get donating. Your aunt doesn't need to enable your hoarding

You will be telling us how you are so hard done by you haven't been to Scunthorpe or something next...

Anything Michael Thumbuble sings.

I just haven't met you yet

No you haven't and you best hope you don't. You thumb like twat of shite music. All his songs sound the same and he always looks smug and thumby.

Dickhead

NotYoMomma Mon 24-Jun-13 00:33:08

Alicia keys: Girl on fire

You'll never forget her name

Yes, True that we can not forget her name because you haven't fucking told us it

And other than every lyric is about her being on fire and aflame.... I have no idea why? Has someone literally set her alight?

NotYoMomma Mon 24-Jun-13 00:26:47

Katy Perry : firework

Do you ever feel
Like a plastic bag...

No I fucking don't
Go fuck off and watch American Beauty again and get off the Radio

sydlexic Mon 24-Jun-13 00:21:26

Daft punk, she's up all night to have fun, I'm up all night to get some (something like that). I was singing to DH in bed, I'm up all night cos your snoring, now it s getting ucking boring.

DoJo Sun 23-Jun-13 22:10:28

And don't get me started on 'If I go there will be trouble. If I stay it will be double. So really it makes sense to go, as that way only leads to half the trouble. Decision made, sorry for bothering you.'

floatyflo Sun 23-Jun-13 22:03:46

Song words? You mean lyrics grin

NicknameIncomplete Sun 23-Jun-13 21:49:35

Now now now theres no need for that.

Bruno Mars is a saint in our householdgrin

And where i am from no one is allowed to say a bad word about Biffy Clyro.

DoJo Sun 23-Jun-13 21:39:25

YANBU - can I add:
"When we collide we come together. Because that it what the word collide means."

carameldecaflatte Sun 23-Jun-13 21:13:06

I do this too.

Adele: never mind I'll find someone like you...
No no no, have a bit of self respect woman!
Never mind I'll find someone BETTER than you.

snooter Sun 23-Jun-13 21:07:53

Presumably the nice girl didn't think much of the nice sex & dumped him grin

snooter Sun 23-Jun-13 21:07:04

Better than his awful song about having his hands in his pants & then really nice sex with a really nice girl.

"Nice" sex - no thanks!

shushpenfold Sun 23-Jun-13 20:15:12

Ok, so is it just me or do others want to just put them out of their misery?

For instance - Bruno Mars.

'I should have bought you flowers and held your hand' etc, etc, ad infinitum, boo hoo, she likes to dance blah, blah, blah, blah, blah

My alternative words would be:

'I should have bought you flowers.....but I didn't, so you left me.' End of song.

And again, Bruno Mars.......'I would catch a grenade for ya'. Quite frankly, with that kind of stupidity Mr Mars, I really wish you had done....it would have ended a long song which I end up shouting at every time it comes on the radio.

My way is very short and far, far less annoying.

Am I the only one who thinks like this....am I just getting old and grumpy?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now