Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

to think it is very odd indeed to have chips or garlic bread with pizza?

(231 Posts)
Mintyy Sun 23-Jun-13 18:50:25

or even garlic bread with a pasta dish?

Have people not heard of carb overload confused.

Owllady Tue 25-Jun-13 18:35:08

it's the chips with cottage pie that i don't understand as well but I once went to a restaurant in rochester where they were serving jacket potato with chips!

I have to have garlic bread with pizza though

nellyjelly Tue 25-Jun-13 18:36:32

At school we used to buy big stotties (big bread cake things). Hollow them out and fill with crisps. Yum.

The trend is spreading. I had homity pie served with new potatoes last week. That's TRIPLE carbing (potato and cheese in a pastry case with new potatoes)

The culprit? The Nationsl Trust!

This thread is making me crave a Gardy's chip butty - thin fries in a toasted pitta, liberally doused with the sauce(s) of one's choice. Eat contents with a chip fork, then eat the slightly saucy now-cold pitta.

Ultimate hangover prevention. Student manna.

<feels old>

Shutupanddrive Tue 25-Jun-13 19:24:07

YABU, as long as its not all the time it's fine

EstelleGetty Tue 25-Jun-13 19:31:45

YABU, OP. When I handed in my dissertation at uni, I was straight down to the Blue Lagoon for a deep fried pizza with chips all stuck in the sauce and cheese, whole thing drenched in vinegar. And I sat in to eat, as it was a special day. grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now