To think it's a bit strange to take photos of your child after an accident

(54 Posts)
Samu2 Sun 23-Jun-13 14:57:51

Just opened FB and a friend's daughter was in a car accident last night.. thankfully she is ok.

She posted photos of her daughter sitting outside the car with blood pouring down her face and crying her eyes out, then she posted photos of her being put on the back board thing by the paramedics and then being carried into the ambulance.

Perhaps it is just me and I am trying not to be too judgey, but I don't quite understand taking photos of your child bleeding and very distressed with the paramedics just after a car accident.

I think it was very close to home as mum got there before paramedics.

KhaosandKalamity Mon 24-Jun-13 09:58:13

If the girl is crying then I don't get it, but I kind of understand taking pictures. Usually we wait until after painkillers and medical attention though, and the one with the wound is the one that asks for the picture to be taken.

SmiteYouWithThunderbolts Mon 24-Jun-13 10:02:18

Taking pictures.. well there could be all sorts of reasons to do that, as others have said. Posting them on Facebook though - that is bizarre behaviour.

Has social networking turned us into a nation of narcissists and attention seekers? confused I'm trying to think of a time before Facebook and the like, to when people behaved sanely at the scene of an accident!

ZenGardener Mon 24-Jun-13 10:11:18

Last year a friend of mine's daughter caught chicken pox. We had over 20 photos taken over the space of a week to update her progress.

My DS2 insists on having photos taken of all his various injuries. Between those and the pictures he and DS1 took of their bums and willies I really hope social services never get hold of my phone.

Bunnygotwhacked Mon 24-Jun-13 10:44:02

We do the minor injury photo's here too Zen especially if it's bleeding then it's extra wicked according to ds. Mind you it's a bit different for her to be taking photos of her dd after a car accident what goes through someones head when their child is seriously injured and shocked and the parents first thought is ooo best take some pics and update my fb

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now