Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

to think that most of the time, it's not about you, frankly

(29 Posts)
TanglednotTamed Sun 23-Jun-13 14:56:01

So many threads on here by OPs who are offended that someone else stood close to them / said something that could possibly be interpreted as a criticism of them / looked at them funny / failed to take notice of them. Etc. Etc. Etc.

AIBU to think that in 99% of cases, the other person is probably barely aware of the OP's existence? And that the OP is just projecting their own prejudice/secret fears/sensitivity on the world around them?

Or perhaps it's just me who is fairly oblivious to other people.

noisytoys Sun 23-Jun-13 16:25:59

I'm oblivious to all this. I've never seen anyone with a bitchy resting face. Maybe I'm the one with the bitchy resting face confused

My friend has a BRF. Drunk women start with her all the time as she looks like shed giving them funny looks. Its just how her face is! grin

I have a docile resting face.

Portofino Sun 23-Jun-13 16:41:39

I smiled at a cute baby on the tram last week, and her eyes went all wide, and she let out an ear piercing shriek. I didn't think I was THAT scary looking in the morning.

WafflyVersatile Sun 23-Jun-13 16:55:26

I have a BRF I think. I have a frown line and do tend to walk about thinking about what's bothering me.

don't hate me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now