"I've only read the first few posts..."

(113 Posts)
Vivacia Sun 23-Jun-13 14:41:54

"...and none of the last 15 pages so I'm about to say something completely irrelevant and unhelpful or repeat something that's already been said twenty times".

AIBU to find this a incredibly annoying?

Vivacia Mon 05-Aug-13 14:53:32

FFS this is still driving me up the wall. I have come here to rant about it rather than interrupt the thread it's happening on but for goodness' sake.

and breathe

Aww thanks monica. i have been on here since Oct 11 and only just found the bookmark thing. grin

monicalewinski Sun 23-Jun-13 20:14:20

Sparklingbrook & SelectAUserName thanks for directing me to the set up stuff (realise this is completely out of context now as the thread has moved on heaps, but I've been out and didn't want to be rude and not say thanks!)

FeegleFion Sun 23-Jun-13 20:02:25

Are you serious Melika? Your actually just on the lookout for a bunfight aren't you?

melika Sun 23-Jun-13 19:43:58

Umm, how do you know?

DeckSwabber Sun 23-Jun-13 19:42:08

Well, I haven't ready teh whole thread but I am eternally grateful for the tip on customising. The things you learn....!

FeegleFion Sun 23-Jun-13 19:41:24

Umm, no Vivacia s/he wasn't. Just offering their opinion.

Vivacia Sun 23-Jun-13 19:33:33

I thought Melika was being ironic.

MummyAbroad Sun 23-Jun-13 19:32:22

smile no, have been reading the thread since it started, just mixed up feegle and babyheaves names and did some untimely postings on my third world internet connection.

FeegleFion Sun 23-Jun-13 19:26:25

Eleanor you have just made a great point!

Mummy Have you skimmed past the noise ? shockgrin

MummyAbroad Sun 23-Jun-13 19:23:42

grin at eleanor

We have hit page 5! that means this is where its gonna get really boring because a bunch of people who haven't read the thread will come along and send the conversation right back to the beginning...

Basically anything I write is important. The rest is just background noise.

MummyAbroad Sun 23-Jun-13 19:21:20

<in for a penny in for a pound>

melika thats just very arrogant. Aren't the other comments "important"? or are you being tongue in cheek?

FeegleFion Sun 23-Jun-13 19:20:57

No harm done. grin

I actually really appreciate anyone on MN who has the grace to accept there's been miscommunication. It's not very common on here but it's how I play and is nice to see.

Oh MummyAbroad. Didnt you read the thread properly?

<headtilt>

MummyAbroad Sun 23-Jun-13 19:19:20

grin at miaow!

MummyAbroad Sun 23-Jun-13 19:18:10

oh yes, I am really putting my foot in it today. I meant to reply to babyheave

FeegleFion Sun 23-Jun-13 19:17:06

ABF shock Miaow! wink

melika Sun 23-Jun-13 19:15:47

YABU sometimes you haven't got time to wade through but you have something important to tell OP.

It was actually that atrocious cunt babyheave who said it's all background noise.

<twirls wooden spoon>

FeegleFion Sun 23-Jun-13 19:09:37

You have me mixed up MummyAbroad I said nothing of the sort.

I actually said I always read the whole thread, sometimes acknowledging that I need to go back to catch up but I think it rude of a poster not to read the thread and boring for anyone who is involved who must repeat themselves because others haven't bothered to keep up.

Who said that??

MummyAbroad Sun 23-Jun-13 19:06:12

i have been slapped on the wrist blush Feegle I apologise for suggesting that you might be better off over at the the DM, as you said, bit below the belt, I think I was just reacting to you saying there was no need to read the middle of a thread because its just noise, rather than the button thing. I thought that was quite an arrogant attitude and I didnt like it, I am glad not everyone on MN thinks the same though.

I promise not to tell anyone to tell anyone to bog off to DM again. Twas low. <humble>

FeegleFion Sun 23-Jun-13 19:05:30

To clarify, was for MummyAbroad now there are 2 mummy's grin

I can definitely see why people think it's a shite idea, and TBF, I hadn't thought about the 'lets all love so and so's posts'. Great point, well made.

If anyone knows me, on here, very doubtful they know I'm tenacious in my love of debate and if something moves me to respond, a thumbs up/ down won't stop me.

I woudl answer you Ferret, but I have you on Hide Poster.

grin

<kapow>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now