"I've only read the first few posts..."

(113 Posts)
Vivacia Sun 23-Jun-13 14:41:54

"...and none of the last 15 pages so I'm about to say something completely irrelevant and unhelpful or repeat something that's already been said twenty times".

AIBU to find this a incredibly annoying?

Hell to the no. I'd have faaaar too many people giving me thumbs down and then I'd have to go drown myself in a bottle of cheapo ASDA own brand cider.

MummyAbroad Sun 23-Jun-13 18:19:31

I'd much rather read peoples comments which might make me think about something more, than just read an opinion poll of stats telling me how many other people agree or disagree. which is why I dont read the DM. Was just trying to be helpful to anyone who wanted to find a "simpler" way of debating....

Plus I'd never get any thread reading done because I'd just spend all day giving thumbs down to posters I don't particularly like. <runs away>

usualsuspect Sun 23-Jun-13 18:21:31

People would just use it arse lick.

Sometimes I do actually think ABF I'd an evil genius.

wink

Hullo there usual, well, obviously, I'd thumbs up everyfing you wrote cos you write All The Sensible stuff. <<slurp slirp slupperty slurp>>

Is an evil....

Fecking ipod.

scottishmummy Sun 23-Jun-13 18:35:24

doesn't bother me,but makes poster look like a tit as they subsequent missed updates

Only read the title wink but YANBU grin

Trills Sun 23-Jun-13 18:48:01

I find it's quite fun to reply only to the title of threads sometimes.

Reading the first few posts is less efficient than just reading the OP's posts (if you are disinclined to read the whole thread).

ilovexmastime Sun 23-Jun-13 18:57:07

They make me laugh, like scottishmummy said, they just make the poster look a bit of a tit - although it's not so bad if they admit they haven't RTFT.

(Am I arse licking scottishmummy? Tastes good whatever it is grin)

FeegleFion Sun 23-Jun-13 18:59:22

Mummy rather below the belt, that post. hmm

You may say you prefer to read every comment, and in fact, I'm in total agreement.

However, we obviously disagree on whether or not some kind visual nod to particular posts would be beneficial to the site.

In all honestly, though, I don't see the need for cheap very boring rude, potshots.

I only bother reading it if it's by someone I like. I avoid all the threads by arseholes and/or boring people.

wink

Me too Eleanor. It's why I'm never to be seen on any of your threads...

wink

I woudl answer you Ferret, but I have you on Hide Poster.

grin

<kapow>

FeegleFion Sun 23-Jun-13 19:05:30

To clarify, was for MummyAbroad now there are 2 mummy's grin

I can definitely see why people think it's a shite idea, and TBF, I hadn't thought about the 'lets all love so and so's posts'. Great point, well made.

If anyone knows me, on here, very doubtful they know I'm tenacious in my love of debate and if something moves me to respond, a thumbs up/ down won't stop me.

MummyAbroad Sun 23-Jun-13 19:06:12

i have been slapped on the wrist blush Feegle I apologise for suggesting that you might be better off over at the the DM, as you said, bit below the belt, I think I was just reacting to you saying there was no need to read the middle of a thread because its just noise, rather than the button thing. I thought that was quite an arrogant attitude and I didnt like it, I am glad not everyone on MN thinks the same though.

I promise not to tell anyone to tell anyone to bog off to DM again. Twas low. <humble>

Who said that??

FeegleFion Sun 23-Jun-13 19:09:37

You have me mixed up MummyAbroad I said nothing of the sort.

I actually said I always read the whole thread, sometimes acknowledging that I need to go back to catch up but I think it rude of a poster not to read the thread and boring for anyone who is involved who must repeat themselves because others haven't bothered to keep up.

It was actually that atrocious cunt babyheave who said it's all background noise.

<twirls wooden spoon>

melika Sun 23-Jun-13 19:15:47

YABU sometimes you haven't got time to wade through but you have something important to tell OP.

FeegleFion Sun 23-Jun-13 19:17:06

ABF shock Miaow! wink

MummyAbroad Sun 23-Jun-13 19:18:10

oh yes, I am really putting my foot in it today. I meant to reply to babyheave

MummyAbroad Sun 23-Jun-13 19:19:20

grin at miaow!

Oh MummyAbroad. Didnt you read the thread properly?

<headtilt>

FeegleFion Sun 23-Jun-13 19:20:57

No harm done. grin

I actually really appreciate anyone on MN who has the grace to accept there's been miscommunication. It's not very common on here but it's how I play and is nice to see.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now