To think Jeremy Forrest's Parents have no place taking about his ex-Wife to the press.

(98 Posts)
CheshireDing Sun 23-Jun-13 10:51:07

The DM say today that they said "Emily was difficult to live with, they should never have married" and that they (the Parents) have maintained "dignity".

Clearly his marriage to Emily was obviously not perfect for him to have any kind of affair but why don't his Parents shut their mouths.

I honestly feel so sorry for Emily, her picture was in the papers in the beginning and now again today. Poor women, she's the one I feel sorry for.

Helpyourself Sun 23-Jun-13 11:41:54

Yuk. Hardly surprising though, 'predatory sex offender's parents are sleezy too...'
Britain's tabloids redefining the moral landscape again- just when you thought they couldn't get any lower.

waikikamookau Sun 23-Jun-13 11:44:47

don't believe what you read.
these journo's have a habit of putting words into people's mouths.
bear that in mind.

5madthings Sun 23-Jun-13 11:47:57

Its awful and beggars belief. His parents are eithet denial or just bloody stupid and the girls own father...

The whole thing is horrifying and the papers just want to make money. How about the do an article on why its wrong and educate a few peoole on the responsibilities teachers and other authority figures have.

Yesterday the sun was telling all about hos he tried to groom othet girls, today its a love affair and they will get married...

5madthings Sun 23-Jun-13 11:50:14

You dont have to just believe the papers. Thete is a fan page for jeremy where his mum encourages peoole to write to him to support him and his sister is on there. Even encouraging under age girls to lie about their age so the letters get through to him in prison... But yeah they are being misrepresented in the press...

Alisvolatpropiis Sun 23-Jun-13 13:12:11

Yanbu

Ok she was difficult to live with - that doesn't justify having an affair let alone being a fucking paedophile!
They are utterly deluded.

The only person who has managed to retain any dignity is his wife. I feel terribly sorry for her.

ILivebytheRiver Sun 23-Jun-13 13:18:13

I've just read this this with my jaw on the floor.

If I was his wife I would seriously think about doing an interview with a major newspaper and donating the proceeds to Childline or some similar charity. I am sure she just wants to hide but if there are all these apologists getting their points of view across then it would be good for her to put her side. I am intrigued as to what her perspective on this situation is.

MammaTJ Sun 23-Jun-13 13:21:52

Disgusting apologists for a predatory paediphile.

This!

JamieandtheMagicTorch Sun 23-Jun-13 13:28:29

"Jeremy is so giving"

Jeremy is a sad individual with a warped view of being the knight in shining armour to schoolgirls because he can't sustain a relationship with an adult female. If I were his parents I'd be wondering what led him to have stalled at a juvenile state of development

JamieandtheMagicTorch Sun 23-Jun-13 13:30:45

What is it about him that makes people feel sorry for him?

hollyisalovelyname Sun 23-Jun-13 13:35:06

Sauce for the Gander- you state it so eloquently- fully agree with you.

2rebecca Sun 23-Jun-13 13:37:31

The fact that he seems so immature and child like. However many abusers of young teenage girls are emotionally immature which is why they prefer to have relationships with young girls as they can't sustain a more equal relationship with a woman their own age.
I don't think paedophile is an appropriate word here as men who prey on sexually developed but much younger than them women are different in many ways to men who are sexually attracted to 10 year olds.
A 50 year old man having a relationship with a 19 year old would fit into the former bracket but not be a paedophile, I still think it's highly unlikely the power balance in the relationship would be equal though.

Alisvolatpropiis Sun 23-Jun-13 13:50:05

The comparison between a 40 year old man and 20 year old woman having a relationship is spurious in my opinion.

Both would be adults, and power balance between two adults does not rely on age alone.

Forest is a paedophile. It's a "relationship" the girl in question was too young to be in. He preyed on her because she was emotionally vulnerable and he is an emotionally immature pathetic excuse for a man. No right thinking man is sexually attracted to a 14 year old child.

Catlike Sun 23-Jun-13 13:59:04

Eurgh. He is enjoying prison life Sounds like nobody in there thinks he's done much wrong either <<pukes>>

Alisvolatpropiis Sun 23-Jun-13 14:01:30

I was always under the impression that paedophiles were kept away from the general prison population because they were not received well at all.

2rebecca Sun 23-Jun-13 14:03:37

You really think not many 30 year old men are attracted to 15 year olds? She was only just before her 15 year old birthday when this started. I think many 15 year old girls are sexually attractive.
Teachers should be aware of this and that the girls will flirt with them and be able to resist acting on being attracted to the girls, and aware that the girls are vulnerable, in their pastoral care and emotionally not adults.
This girl wasn't "very mature" as the media/ relatives allege, she had a history of self harming and was being very immature and melodramatic when trying to persuade him to go abroad with her..

Catlike Sun 23-Jun-13 14:06:02

He's probably not viewed in the same light as men who abuse pre-pubescent children.

Unfortunately, a hell of a lot of men see 13-15 year old girls as fair game.

bunchamunchycrunchycarrots Sun 23-Jun-13 14:10:34

I doubt she was difficult to live with at all - that's probably what he told his family. She was just the woman he married to maintain a semblance of normality to the world, while in reality he had a thing for teenage girls, the sick fuck.

I agree with this^^. As for his family's claim of maintaining dignity? Words fail me, they really do. Because their press briefings this weekend have absolutely nothing to do with dignity.

zoraqueenofzeep Sun 23-Jun-13 14:25:20

They raised him the way he is and now they're trying to shift the blame on his poor wife. She didn't raise him without morals, she didn't raise him to be such an emotionally immature man that he's mentally on the same level as a fourteen year old girl, she didn't raise him to think it acceptable to groom little girls for sex and run off to France with one. If these people want to blame anyone else for the actions of their precious little princeling, they can look in the mirror and see who never taught him responsibility, respect and how to be a man. He is the despicable product of their parental failings.

SelectAUserName Sun 23-Jun-13 14:44:39

He's an odious arsewipe of an excuse for a human being but he isn't a paedophile. A paedophile is sexually attracted to prepubescent children.

I wish the whole sorry shebang would shuffle off the front pages and stop giving him and his pathetic enabling relatives the oxygen of publicity.

JamieandtheMagicTorch Sun 23-Jun-13 14:46:13

Ues.

He looks like a rat too

< irrelevant>

SelectAUserName Sun 23-Jun-13 14:47:33

He does Jamie (although that's probably an insult to rats). He has narrow shifty asymmetric eyes. <equally irrelevant>

flippinada Sun 23-Jun-13 14:53:43

Yes he does look like a rat. Or a weasel. Although I agree that's unfair to rats and weasels as they can be appealing.

You may all be interested to know that he has a fanpage on Facebook (how nice) on which people are encouraging underage girls to write to him. Isn't that nice?

congresstart Sun 23-Jun-13 18:05:17

Lets face it the whole family is deluded and twisted, sounds like the girls father is a real gem aswell.

I just can't believe the comments on all the articles I have read....why do people feel so sorry for this scumbag?

KobayashiMaru Sun 23-Jun-13 18:09:31

She's still his wife, they aren't divorced.

scottishmummy Sun 23-Jun-13 18:47:00

the casual stance of the apologists,and those blaming his wife,the adolescent and her family.disgusting
some mn comments are appalling and blame everyone except the predator
this and McCann threads bring out worst in the knuckle draggers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now