to think this invite is just a bit too much?

(30 Posts)
Andwhatif Sat 22-Jun-13 23:36:36

Name changed for that, just need to have a good rant. Xbf cheated on me (which I didn't know until a few months after we'd split up). I knew the woman, they always seemed friendly but I'm just clearly naive.. I even invited her for his 30th! We both moved on fast. I met someone, have a baby now and couldn't care less about him/them. He has never been in touch after break up, slightly awkward sometimes as we have mutual friends etc. They have a baby too (he was either very premature or conceived while we were still together). Xbf, like I said, has never been in touch. The woman though, has been a couple of times. First, she invited me for baby shower (?!?!). Then called me to let me know when the baby was born (even more wtf). Now she phoned me to invite me to 1st bday party. Now, don't get me wrong, I wish them all the best and have no hard feelings, but would you ever attend? Or AIBU and she's just trying to be nice?

Theyoniwayisnorthwards Sun 23-Jun-13 00:39:55

She's being weird and whatever her motivation is I wouldn't entertain it.

However YABVU and pretty darn weird yourself to call her one year old ugly. Who the actual fuck does that? Ugh.

StuntGirl Sun 23-Jun-13 01:44:19

Perhaps it is?

garlicnutty Sun 23-Jun-13 02:18:51

Ahem, I'm clearly a freakish weirdo. Oh, wait, I already knew that grin

I like everybody getting along. I hate the business where friends feel they have to take sides. For me, a relationship's over when it's over and there is not the slightest chance of me playing OW to any ex of mine. Therefore, it feels natural and obvious that we should all be friendly as we have some things in common (!) and it just makes everyone's life easier. Or so it seems to me.

I have had to accept that none of my exes' later partners see it that way, so I'm forced to back off and lose at least 50% of the mutual friends. Whatif, you're evidently in the majority so you may as well thank her for the invite but clarify your position for future reference.

I have no idea whether she's socially dozy easy-going, like me, or an obsessed nutter like Fucknugget's pal, but you're not interested in finding out - so tell her!

MusicalEndorphins Sun 23-Jun-13 04:19:07

I'd ignore or say what fackinell said.

It does sound weird to me but tbh I'd be SO tempted to turn up to the birthday party, just to see cheating Ex's face! I bet it would be the last invite you got. wink Probably best just to ignore but not so much fun

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now