Is she being unreasonable making this request of my husband?

(204 Posts)
Souredstones Fri 21-Jun-13 21:53:43

Husband has a female friend who is a complete drama queen, and tbh I find it tiring and so limit my contact with her. Tonight he gets a call from her, clearly about something major, and with the request 'you're the only person I've told, please don't tell anyone, not even Souredstones about it'

Now my automatic inclination whenever anyone says 'you're the only person who knows this don't tell ANYONE' is to call 'bullshitting liar' but I think it's even worse to expect a husband to keep something from his wife. I don't want to know what micro drama is affecting her life, I have no interest in it, I just have issue with her asking my husband to keep a secret from me.

I also take umbridge with him keeping said secret.

Aibu or is she?

JamieandtheMagicTorch Sun 23-Jun-13 13:35:54

Spouses

Miamiami Sun 23-Jun-13 14:57:08

I also wonder what dramaqueens DH makes of all this? If he even knows anything of what is happening?

mrsjay Sun 23-Jun-13 14:59:58

IF my friend said to me please dont say anything why would I tell my husband it is confidential and my friends privacyconfused you sound a wee bitty jealous and nosy bet your are dying to know what it is wink

topsyandturvy Sun 23-Jun-13 15:38:35

errm, some responses here are crazy

of course your dh should keep a confidence if he has agreed to do so

no way should spouses be sharing other peoples private lives or secrets with one another, how bizarre to thing that two married people somehow merge into a single person and blab everyone's business to each other.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now