to think, after seeing it for the 33rd time, i should be able to get through the life sequence in Up

(101 Posts)
ParadiseChick Fri 21-Jun-13 17:03:25

Without bubbling?

<sniff>

Every bloody time. It's just so sweet.

loflo Sat 22-Jun-13 23:16:51

Try watching it along with this lovely song by Jamie Lawson youtu.be/ttXrb2tRNm0 Tissues will be needed!

spotscotch Sat 22-Jun-13 23:11:46

I totally Baal every time in Up. At the opening sequence but also at the bit where he sees that she did actually fill the book with photos after all. I actually cried just talking about it to my sister.

Also had tears of laughter at the dogs!

EMUZ Sat 22-Jun-13 22:58:18

You bastards! I have only ever seen part of Up, I watched the YouTube link and started howling blush

mrsjay Sat 22-Jun-13 21:47:20

TRULY
MADLY
DEEPLY

<nod> ghost didnt even compare to it, Alan Rickman is just swooony ( i know swoody is twee sorry grin )

BustyDeLaGhetto Sat 22-Jun-13 20:16:25

TRULY
MADLY
DEEPLY
gavel

SunshineBossaNova Sat 22-Jun-13 20:03:34

The baby part in Up completely floored me, we can't have kids so it resonated hugely.

I can't think too much about the last scene of Watership Down without crying...

ArtemisKelda Sat 22-Jun-13 11:14:44

Me as well fancydrawers. I cry at a lot of films and when thinking of certain sequences, especially Up and the part in The Corpse Bride where the dead enter the land of the living.

me too fancydrawers but I didn't want to admit it!

Fancydrawers Sat 22-Jun-13 10:45:29

I cried just reading this. For fuck's sake.

JollyShortGiant Sat 22-Jun-13 10:36:32

Up is the only film that does this to me sad

ParadiseChick Sat 22-Jun-13 10:36:02
ParadiseChick Sat 22-Jun-13 10:35:17

[http://m.youtube.com/#/results?search_query=up+life+sequence&desktop_uri=%2Fresults%3Fsearch_query%3Dup%2520life%2520sequence here it is]]

Whoever made this adds the bit where he looks through the adventure book again at the end, I'm in tears again.

It's the bit in TS3 where they all think they are going to die in the rubbish crusher machine and they all hold hands omg <cries>

LittleMissGerardButlerfan Sat 22-Jun-13 10:33:02

It's more teary than Toy Story 3 noooo! I don't think I dare watch it, I cried lots during Toy Story!

UP is much tearier than Toy Story 3. Got tears in my eyes now just thinking about it! It is sooo sad. Very good though and the happy ending is lovely.

ParadiseChick Sat 22-Jun-13 10:23:50

Much tearier than TS3 in my opinion!

I blub at that too.

I think the thing with Up is it knocks you sideways. It's right at the start of the film, you're not invested in the characters yet but it still feels like a punch in the heart. Especially the baby part.

dufflefluffle Sat 22-Jun-13 10:07:15

There is something wrong with you if you dont cry at that. Only cold hearted weirdos dont cry at it

Oh no - I must be one of those....I hated this film and have watched it a few times but no, I just don't like any of the characters confused
My favourite films are Monsters Inc and Toy Story so it's not as though I'm anti kids films.

Chandon Sat 22-Jun-13 10:05:35

This is a film I just did not get.

Thought it was poor and sentimental and just not very good.

I do not believe one has to cry at sentimental crap to "be human"

Bring back stiff upper lips and some dignity please.

Grown ups who are proud to cry at a kids film, tsk....

CuriosityCola Sat 22-Jun-13 10:03:16

I can't watch up. My family think I'm mad. From the beginning sequence to every part of the house that he has to let go of....blub!

thebody Sat 22-Jun-13 10:02:58

O agree and also find the royal family Queen of Sheba episode where nanna and barbers sing 'what will be will be' and she thanks her for letting her live with them.

Cry buckets at that. Such good acting and so sweet and sad.

Tiredemma Sat 22-Jun-13 09:59:32

My DP is a tough old Rugby playing runt of a man. He is never really interested in films- But Pixar/Disney animation films- God- he turns into a wreck.

Finding Nemo- cried.
Toy Story 1- cried
toy Story 2- Cried
Toy story 3- cried (loads- embarrassingly so)
Up. - sobbed
Despicable me (when the 'dad' is reading the story)- cried.
Monsters Inc- cried

The kids are embarrassed of him now and have asked that we go and watch Despicable Me 2 on monday when DP is away on Business in France.

TSSDNCOP Sat 22-Jun-13 09:59:05

I have never seen Up because I've heard the opening sequence is so teary.

So I need to know, on the teary scale, how much tearier is it than Toy Story 3?

ParadiseChick Sat 22-Jun-13 09:56:18

In think I might need to watch Hitachi!

CoolStoryBro Sat 22-Jun-13 09:53:08

Shabby I watched Hatchi while I cleared out my closet one afternoon. The kids came home from school to find me sat on my bedroom floor, surrounded by clothes, blubbing like a baby and cuddling our dog.

God, they laughed at me. blush

ShabbyButNotChic Sat 22-Jun-13 00:13:55

Whoops! It is heartbreaking but is also very beautiful, and makes you really think about loyalty/love etc. a fabulous film. i would definitely recommend watching it, just make sure you have tissues! I went and gave my dog a massive squeeze after watching that film!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now