to think, after seeing it for the 33rd time, i should be able to get through the life sequence in Up

(101 Posts)
ParadiseChick Fri 21-Jun-13 17:03:25

Without bubbling?

<sniff>

Every bloody time. It's just so sweet.

ParadiseChick Fri 21-Jun-13 21:33:57

Yes to Green Mile! Forrest Gump too.

EMUZ Fri 21-Jun-13 21:36:45

My crying film is Eight Below. I howled at that blush

mrsjay Fri 21-Jun-13 21:42:00

* Forrest Gump too.*

It is when he says Goodbye My jenny I am a goner

onedev Fri 21-Jun-13 21:49:26

I must be a weirdo - Up does nothing for me at all & I generally cry at anything!

LittleMissGerardButlerfan Fri 21-Jun-13 21:52:50

<cough> I cried in castaway when Tom Hanks lost his ball at sea blush

Mumsyblouse Fri 21-Jun-13 21:55:02

My husband never ever cries at films, and even he was sniffing at Toy Story 3- the man in front of us was blubbing into his tissue loudly!

Hassled Fri 21-Jun-13 21:55:57

It's a beautiful, beautiful piece of film and yes, I cried like a baby when I saw it.

I made the mistake of watching Mamma Mia with DD the night before she went to University. I can't even think about "Slipping Through My Fingers" without a bit of well-up - at the time I was in a complete state. I was the woman with the wracking great sobs.

onedev Fri 21-Jun-13 21:58:12

Every other film that's been mentioned on this thread makes me cry apart from Up! What's wrong with me??

FobblyWoof Fri 21-Jun-13 22:01:12

I've only recently reached the stage where I don't sob the entire way through! Just some of the music sets me off (side note: it has just the most beautiful soundtrack)

I watched it at the cinema pre DC (took FN's) and I was a sobbing wreck. I would not be able to handle seeing it for the first time now <wibbles>

I cry at Up. And Toy Story 2 when Jessie sings "When She Loved Me". And Toy Story 3. And Cars when Sally daydreams about what Radiator Springs used to look like before the Interstate was built. I'm pathetic really.

I sobbed at The Princess and the Frog when Dr Fascilier squished Ray and he went to be with his Evageline.
I know it's bloody animation

Since Toad, I have become a cryer.

Green Mile
ER
Doctor Who Damn you Moffat!!
That bloody Caesar ad with the Westie.

SinisterBuggyMonth Fri 21-Jun-13 22:04:19

Toy Story 2 - Jessies song makes me watery eyed. That callous Emily!

Ice Age 1 the cave drawing story about how the Wolly Mamoth lost his family to hunters.

Monsters Inc. the bit where he accidentally scares throw little girl. And the end. "Kitty?"
"Kitty has to go now"

(weeps)

witchface Fri 21-Jun-13 22:07:28

Yes to UP, yes to Toy Story 3, yes to Ray and Evangeline, yes to mamma mia.

I raise you Cats in the Cradle (the song) makes me cry every time.

What is wrong with me, before dd I had a heart of stone and used to laugh when people cried in the cinema!

ParadiseChick Fri 21-Jun-13 22:08:36

Oh God yes monsters Inc, how could I forget.

Kitty.

SunshineBossaNova Fri 21-Jun-13 22:09:57

^^ Monsters Inc. Every fucking time. <howls>

I've seen my DH cry about 10 times in 7 years. He cried at Up.

I took my DNiece and DNephew (6 and 10) to see The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe at the cinema. The kids were fine. Aunty Sunny was in bits when Aslan died.

Finding Nemo... 'it's time to let go'

OH yes witchface. I'd sit and watch Ghost with my mother and wonder why she was bawling as it was only a bloody film.

ParadiseChick Fri 21-Jun-13 22:11:15

I got a fit of the giggles at the end of My Sister's Keeper in the cinema, people were in actual hysterics, all I could think was wtf you changed the story - the wrong one died!

I cry at so many films, dh just gives me the here she goes again look!

Nanny mcphee and the Big Bang when the dad comes back gets me every time and we bought a zoo was just ridiculous, I didn't stop crying!

I always cry at et too and up and toy story 3 of course!

ParadiseChick Fri 21-Jun-13 22:13:00

The Middle, at the end of practically every episode!

ShabbyButNotChic Fri 21-Jun-13 22:13:29

Has anyone seen the ultimate snot inducing film that is 'hachi' ? Oh. My. Gosh. I've never cried so much at any film. Just beautiful and heartbreaking...if you can watch that without crying you are officially dead inside.

TheReverseStitch Fri 21-Jun-13 22:13:34

I love that film, love the soundtrack/score to it too, bought it on CD.

SuffolkNWhat Fri 21-Jun-13 22:13:47

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Primadonnagirl Fri 21-Jun-13 22:17:59

The lump in my throat was so big I couldn't even cry...Toy Story 3
Sobbed so much I darednt watch it again..Edward Scissorhands
Me and my macho Dad sobbed both times we watched ... the Champ

Gruntfuttock Fri 21-Jun-13 22:25:39

"Has anyone seen the ultimate snot inducing film that is 'hachi' ? Oh. My. Gosh. I've never cried so much at any film. Just beautiful and heartbreaking...if you can watch that without crying you are officially dead inside."

I've never heard of Hachi, so I just Googled it. Well, even the Wikipedia page about it is heartbreaking, especially since it's a true story, so I am never going to watch that film. sad

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hachi:_A_Dog%27s_Tale

McSmoke Fri 21-Jun-13 22:26:32

Toy Story 2: poor poor Jessie:-(
it's the songs which get me every time in films. Composers are cruel bastards/bitches who pull at my heartstrings no matter how much I try not to cry ('cos DH looks at be like I am pathetic, the hard bastard!).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now