Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

to feel let down by mumsnet

(413 Posts)
cantbedoingwithit Fri 21-Jun-13 16:17:23

A friend has been raving about mumsnet and said that i should join as it is "like talking to friends who are supportive, friendly and who give sound advice." I have been lurking on mn and have been reading lots of threads and have been put off from starting a thread myself because i found some of the replies really quite un friendly (to say the least) and some sound quite rude. I realize that mn prides its self on being a 'no nonsense' type of forum and life isnt all flowers and fluffy clouds, and that sometimes the truth isnt always 'nice' but i was quite shocked at some of the 'un sisterly' comments.

yamsareyammy Fri 28-Jun-13 10:25:57

Pretty sure I have got told things along the way, but fortunately for me, I cant remember any of them! grin

amazingmumof6 Fri 28-Jun-13 02:45:15

amazingmumof6 Fri 28-Jun-13 02:44:44
Scarletohello Fri 28-Jun-13 00:27:11

Give up now, will just have to get wet...sad

Scarletohello Fri 28-Jun-13 00:26:33

☂

Scarletohello Fri 28-Jun-13 00:19:08

Bollocks, thought that'd be an umbrella. sad

Scarletohello Fri 28-Jun-13 00:17:41

&@9730;

Scarletohello Fri 28-Jun-13 00:12:11

Someone on MN once told me I should be shot, on a relationships thread. There are some mean and bitter people on here. ( and some lovely ones too..!)

yamsareyammy Thu 27-Jun-13 11:28:57

MyBaby1day, which boards would you say were not supportive apart from AIBU

amazingmumof6 Tue 25-Jun-13 16:01:25

sn that I cant spel

amazingmumof6 Tue 25-Jun-13 16:00:54

MN changed me. I used to think I was a nice intelligent person.
MN taught me I'm also and ignorant bitch.

fairy nuff!grin

Frond1982 Tue 25-Jun-13 06:52:15

I find that the trouble is that, alongside the 99 nice posts on every thread, there's always some bell-end who says something so pompous or sanctimonious you wonder how on earth they make it through the day without someone taking a rusty chainsaw to their head.

So I do see what you mean, but most people on here are sane.

2rebecca Mon 24-Jun-13 22:09:29

Brightly coloured hearts?

SugarMouse1 Mon 24-Jun-13 21:03:41

I have never found this -so I disagree

The mods do delete offensive posts/threads..

Sorry, but Netmums is full of idiots with poor spelling/grammar and garish tickers......

amazingmumof6 Mon 24-Jun-13 21:01:18

...||...
tennis tennis

tennis balls! grin

amazingmumof6 Mon 24-Jun-13 21:00:37

and

amazingmumof6 Mon 24-Jun-13 21:00:12

\ tennis _ tennis /

tennis bra! grin

DarceyBissell Mon 24-Jun-13 19:25:26

Girls, girls. Really you should all be ashamed of yourselves being so unsisterly to poor OP. Where is she by the way? Haven't seen her since Page 1.
It's a wind-up, innit?
Surely.
I hope.

YABALU

I know exactly what you mean. Some people on here can be really harsh and don't know any tact. However, others are just being jokey and sarcastic and most are really friendly.

It's all about getting to know the site and the humour a lot of people have on here.

Plus, we are all ladies with hormones, sometimes they get on the top of us.

AIBU is a dangerous place to post!

Elquota Mon 24-Jun-13 19:00:21

biscuit

mymagaret Mon 24-Jun-13 18:52:24

I have to admit some people are a little too rude on here. You wouldn't say some of these things to a persons face (not without a slap at least) so why is it socially acceptable to do it semi-anonymously online! In essence, its Cyber Bullying but people will never admit that, they like to think this is a group of 'friends'. I think being mean just makes some people feel better about parts of their lives they are perhaps not so happy with. I like to give my advice or reassure some genuine worries as others have done for me, but i think some people use it to be a total Bitch and big themselves up.

amazingmumof6 Sun 23-Jun-13 08:41:10

what a good little thread this one turned out to be!

and they say you can't make gold out of shit.grin

Notgoingto Sun 23-Jun-13 07:08:51

3 steps to asking a q on mumsnet:

1. Ask a question.

2. Take gleeful delight in thinking of new and creative ways to tell any nasty ones how stupid they are and to fuck off.

3. Reap good advice from the nice ones and bask in a warm glow of goodwill towards them.

MyBaby1day Sun 23-Jun-13 04:26:39

I was laughing with a friend about me (who stands at 4ft, 8 inches) standing upto bullying on here. Didn't Amanda Holden call it 'The Nest of Vipers'? hmm

MyBaby1day Sun 23-Jun-13 04:24:28

I too expected some good support on a few issues but don't bother!, sorry to tell you OP but a lot of them aren't nice, it's sad but true!. I am though grin.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now