Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

To think this woman was a nasty caaaah

(34 Posts)
ChairmanWow Fri 21-Jun-13 14:09:33

Ive tried to resist but I need to get this off my chest because I think it was breathtakingly rude.

Yesterday morning I was dropping DS (2.3) off at nursery. I parked up, got 3 mo DD out and into her sling and went round to get DS out. Another car had pulled up next to me. I had the door open and DS's car seat belt undone when the woman in the next car said, stroppily, 'close that door please'. I replied that DS wouldn't be a sec and asked him to be quick getting out as the lady was waiting. He of course chose that moment to start messing about but I got him out and off we went, watched by this woman who was sighing repeatedly and loudly.

Two minutes later the other driver stormed up to me holding her baby and laid right into me. She said 'I'm 20 minutes late for work now. It took me half the time to get her out and I had to wait for him!', pointing at my son. I told her this wasn't my fault, she shouted 'It's not like you have got anything to do today!'. I told her this was inappropriate in front of children. She sighed and stormed off.

Thing is, if she'd calmly told me she was late and asked if I could let her get her baby out first I would of course have let her.

AIBU to still be seething that this woman spoke to me like this in front of my DS and other kids and parents?

miffybun73 Fri 21-Jun-13 16:59:27

YANBU, unless it took you 20 minutes to get your son out of the car. I imagine it took more like 2-3 mins at the most.

propertyNIGHTmareBEFOREXMAS Fri 21-Jun-13 17:01:41

You should have ramped it up into a sahm v working mum debate by replying 'being a mother is the most important job in the world, I am blessed' grin

WeleaseWodger Fri 21-Jun-13 17:06:15

Depends. What do you do when there's traffic? Do you make cars wait for you or do you politely half close the door leaning into it so traffic can pass and only then put your kids in/out of their seats?

OrangeLily Fri 21-Jun-13 17:08:10

She was rude.

Imagine if she'd really nicely said 'Im so sorry to be rude. I'm running so late and getting really stressed. Could I get my baby out first please' instead them most folk would just have been like 'oh how horrible is there anything I can help with?' (Or substitute British type phrase).

TimeofChange Fri 21-Jun-13 17:13:31

YANBU
Wodger: There always has to be a contrary one on here, doesn't there.
The OP was in a car park, not on a road.

OP: Maybe smile very sweetly at here and be over friendly next time you see her - hopefully that will annoy here.

jessjessjess Fri 21-Jun-13 17:34:24

Well yes, she was a cow, but she was probably really stressed out about being late for work. Maybe she has a horrible boss who's on her case and thinks she's less productive now she has kids. Maybe she was tired.

YANBU, but have a heart.

Shutupanddrive Fri 21-Jun-13 18:09:25

YANBU, cheeky cow

MayTheOddsBeEverInYourFavour Fri 21-Jun-13 18:30:45

YANBU

yes she might have been late and stressed but that's no excuse to act like a twat

Well done for rising above her twatiness op grin

ChairmanWow Fri 21-Jun-13 19:17:35

Thanks folks. I do have a heart btw and am a working mum when not on mat leave. I tried to put it down to her being stressed but jeez, on my worst days I would never behave like that. Maybe she is feeling embarrassed right now, who knows. If she's not then she's definitely a nasty caaah.

I shall pretend to be something resembling a mature human being and put it behind me. Thanks for your replies.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now