To not go to the hen night (meaning pulling out literally hours beforehand)

(29 Posts)
HayFear Fri 21-Jun-13 08:13:16

So I'm due to go to a hen night tonight. I really, really don't want to go.

The 'bride' isn't even a friend of mine, she's a friend of my cousin who organised the hen night and whilst I've been out with this woman a few times on nights outs etc, it's only because she's best friends with my cousin. I won't know anyone else there.

Another thing is I moved house a week ago. I have nothing to wear, the fancy dress thing I ordered has not arrived in time and we're skint. In the overdraft and £900 into a credit card. I'm tired, stressed out and have a lot going on with glastonbury festival just days away. I'm also at work all morning and have a house to do up all afternoon to get to a rentable standard so by tonight I'll be knackered.

Also, I can't go to the actual wedding so the bride is already in a huff with me over that.

I just can't be arsed with it. To cancel would mean upsetting my cousin hours before the event is due to start but to be honest, she'd do it to me without a second thought!

AIBU to just cancel it and relax? I've been dreading it for weeks.

RainforestGym Fri 21-Jun-13 10:22:05

Can you feign illness but pay for what you've already committed to - any prepaid stuff etc so as not to put the other hens out. You'll avoid all the extra on drinks/dinner etc.

You're not going to be adding to the party atmosphere are you?!

Sounds like you need a break and it will be a massive relief to not go.

MalenkyRusskyDrakonchik Fri 21-Jun-13 10:27:41

I get why you don't want to go, but can you find out how many other people are going? I honestly wouldn't cancel if it's not many, you've left it really late and it's rude.

HayFear Fri 21-Jun-13 10:58:31

I've already paid for my place (but paid up ages ago so I wouldn't miss the money now) and there are over 20 people going. They won't miss me

helenthemadex Fri 21-Jun-13 11:03:19

as you have paid I would feign illness, to just not go is rude

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now