to fancy the pants, top hat and guitar off Slash ?

(96 Posts)
OhDearNigel Fri 21-Jun-13 00:33:55

and to have done so for about 20 years ?

OhDearNigel Mon 24-Jun-13 02:28:27

Ooooooooooooooo they should try and get him for a webchat. I would literally wet myself. If Prime Ministers can do it surely its good enough for the gorgeous one ?

OhDearNigel Mon 24-Jun-13 02:27:05

Well it looks like there is some serious mn competition for poor Slash. Could we not have a campaign ?

Heartbrokenmum73 Sun 23-Jun-13 19:46:50

now very proud rather than not very proud. Obviously I AM proud that DD loves Slash now...

Heartbrokenmum73 Sun 23-Jun-13 19:45:50

Forgot to add Nuno Bettencourt (of Extreme) to that list. He'd still get it too!

SmiteYouWithThunderbolts Sun 23-Jun-13 19:40:53

YANBU at all. He's on my list too. I rather like to think I have an affinity with him as a fellow Stokie.

Heartbrokenmum73 Sun 23-Jun-13 19:39:32

Slash is an absolute legend who I've hero-worshiped since the age of 15. And am not very proud to say that DD (11) has also declared her love for him and is apparently going to marry him when she's older!

Personally, I'm another one voting for Duff for the phwoar factor though. I so still would. It was him and Richie Sambora for me all the way in my teens. Ooooh and Phil Collen from Def Leppard - I would marry him now given the chance.

Jengnr Sun 23-Jun-13 19:24:54

Nigel, he was dead nice. I was a gibbering idiot! smile

Anyone who likes the rockstar look should google Criss Angel!

Thank me later! smile

OhDearNigel Sat 22-Jun-13 01:05:40

I had never realised just how good looking Gilby Clarke was until tonight (always too busy looking at slash lol). He's certainly aged well

chubbychipmonk Sat 22-Jun-13 00:55:50

Thank God I wasn't the only one who fancied Tom Cruise in Rock of Ages!

chubbychipmonk Sat 22-Jun-13 00:51:53

Love this thread! I LOVE GnR, been front row at their concert twice, had to queue all day both times ( DH not impressed!) but my God was so worth it!

Axl has been the love of my life since I was 14 although sadly he is now starting to look old! Despite the criticism tho of his voice, he's still got it!

Never thought Slash was hot but their current lead guitarist DJ Ashba literally makes me weak at the knees. The piercing blue eyes, the tattoos, the smile. . Feel like a 14 year old with a crush again!

http://gnrworld.files.wordpress.com/2012/04/djashbamyerautumnwinterseasonlaunchwrxl8_kgsqdl.jpg

OhDearNigel Fri 21-Jun-13 22:16:57

Watching Tokyo Dome 92. Dh has just gone to work and dd is asleep so i can freely enjoy the performance ;)

OhDearNigel Fri 21-Jun-13 18:07:40

Jengnr, is he as good in real life ? Did you get to do anything naughty ? I think i would probably hyperventilate

PoppyAmex Fri 21-Jun-13 17:08:55

"Ew, Slash. What is he hiding under the hair, glasses and hat?"

A lovely pout and soulful eyes Fruminous grin

Jengnr Fri 21-Jun-13 17:05:56

I've met Slash!!!! And Duff!!!

And Axl Rose circa 1988 is the hottest man to ever walk the planet.

And I'd still bang the fuck out of him - I'm not as hot as I was 20 years ago either smile

FruminousBandersnatch Fri 21-Jun-13 16:31:49

Ew, Slash. What is he hiding under the hair, glasses and hat?

CMOTDibbler Fri 21-Jun-13 16:12:37

Freddiefrog - I was incredibly disturbed to find myself attracted to Tom Cruise in Rock of Ages. Then I gave myself a talking to, and reminded myself that you see very little of actual TC in that, and that it was the hair and leather I was perving at.

ParadiseChick Fri 21-Jun-13 13:31:22

You really got all the way through the thread not knowing who it was about and not clicking any of the links to check?

SilverOldie Fri 21-Jun-13 13:22:16

Who?

ParadiseChick Fri 21-Jun-13 13:04:45

Yanbu

I used to be an Axl lover but he's lost it big time. Slash has not.

CambridgeBlue Fri 21-Jun-13 12:56:40

What an unexpectedly pleasant way to spend my lunch hour - perving over a half naked rock God smile

I love Slash, he is the epitome of cool. His autobiography is a fantastic read and I was encouraged when I saw pics of his wife because in my head we look similar - small, dark, busty so if she ever gets bored of him I'll be next in line...

The description of Axl as both hideous and hypnotic is spot on. Less hypnotic these days though I think.

freddiefrog Fri 21-Jun-13 12:25:38

YANBU!

I've always had a massive crush on Slash

I was even shown a less than flattering pic of him and it didn't dent the lust.

Ive always had a thing for 80s, leather trousered rock gods, even Tom Cruise togged up as the bloke in Rock of Ages stirs the loins

CMOTDibbler Fri 21-Jun-13 12:20:46

Ooh, now mention of Slash and his luvverly leather trousers has me running over here. Yummmm.

DH used to have hair like that, though sadly no leather trews, but in my head he still wears an ankle length trench coat, smoke marlboro lights, and wields his zippo. And moshes to Faith No More.

Since I started running, I've had a playlist of my favourite tracks from my days dancing in Cardiff student union on metal night (normal outfit Faster Pusscat t shirt, thigh high boots and not much else), and some of the memories raise my pulse higher than the running demands grin

x2boys Fri 21-Jun-13 12:13:10

oh dear nigel I think I actually have a video [that's how old I am ] of use you illusion tour I went to see GNR whilst twenty weeks pregnant in the mosh pit as well!

x2boys Fri 21-Jun-13 12:09:28

I,M more of an axle girl myself think little white tight shorts but I would nt say no to slash either!

slug Fri 21-Jun-13 11:53:25

I'm of the opinion there would always be a faint reek of stale cigarette smoke hovering around him.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now