Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

To not book reserved flight seats for us and the kids?

(728 Posts)
LittlePudding1 Tue 18-Jun-13 16:47:48

Hi, I have a 6 year old and a 3 year old and was under the impression that even if we weren't all sat together together on a plane they would sit me with 1dc and dh with the other but a couple of people have told me they can sit you anywhere. Surely they wouldn't sit a 3 year old away from a parent and next to a random stranger, would they?

theoriginalandbestrookie Sat 22-Jun-13 15:19:00

Theodorakisses - if you live near to a regional airport then using the likes of Ryanair or Easyjet is often your only option if you don't want to travel via London.

We live 10 miles from edinburgh airport, I'd rather put up with a wee bit of hassle and fly from there with a "low cost" carrier ( although the reality is they are usually pretty expensive when there is no other option) and pay the extra for an assigned seat or priority boarding. The alternative is an excruciating trip via Heathrow, which is always stressful even with BA.

theodorakisses Sat 22-Jun-13 15:24:07

Fair do and apologies for the dreadful auto corrects

Coconutty Sat 22-Jun-13 20:40:30

Going to cape Verde, only real option is Thomson for us. Hence pre booking flight seats.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now