Re Potato Wedges and DH - he has agreed to abide by MN decision (trivial)

(263 Posts)
MsGee Tue 18-Jun-13 10:38:20

So MN jury its up to you - DH has agreed that whatever you decide, he will stick with...

Last night we were discussing what to have for tea tonight - agreed quiche and salad. He eats half of a family size quiche.

He thinks this is insufficient (with salad - bog standard so I don't drip feed, lettuce, tomato and cucumber), so I am doing potato wedges with it.

The wedges are big. He wants FIVE. I told him this was pure gluttony and three would be sufficient. He thinks I'm being silly.

<disclaimer, I don't really care either way but was just surprised that my previous meals had been 5 large wedges short of fulfilling grin >

So how many wedges is DH getting for tea then?

thebody Wed 19-Jun-13 18:12:36

Fucking hell!!!!!!!

kotinka Wed 19-Jun-13 18:14:45

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

MsGee Wed 19-Jun-13 18:38:21

You ok? Burnt your wedges? grin

thebody Wed 19-Jun-13 18:39:32

Kotinka,, read the whole thread and head spinning!! Great posts.

kotinka Wed 19-Jun-13 18:43:23

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

MsGee Wed 19-Jun-13 20:34:52

Cooked all meatballs.

DD declared the delicious for 5 minutes, then horrible.

DD friend had a sandwich and salad (has big school lunch and won't eat at mine so I give her a hot and cold option)

DH not in mood for pasta so we had them on ciabatta with melted cheese. I made him 50% more than me. Both happy!

MsGee Wed 19-Jun-13 20:36:45

the body sorry you will never get that time back. My life really is this trivial. Today I am very excited about a new recycling bin delivered by the council.

MumnGran Wed 19-Jun-13 20:44:53

...but are you happy MsGe?
or do you now think the whole house is just over-eating?

That's actually a serious question. You seem to have gone through a bit of a major head-shift!!

StuntGirl Wed 19-Jun-13 20:49:52

MsGee, I LOVE that you posted a picture of your dinner! grin

MsGee Wed 19-Jun-13 21:20:52

MumnGran I despair of being happy again!

DD and myself not over eating. DH seems happy and full! And not asking for snacks for once. But yes, I am a bit suspicious of it all. And it's slightly odd to have to re think each meal. I found myself apologising for lunch today (DH working at home) and worrying I'd got it all wrong. And I don't normally question my opinions!

StuntGirl grin I should've taken one today too!

MumnGran Wed 19-Jun-13 22:14:20

I did wonder if you might be a bit all over the place, behind all the humour, but don't think you should stress too much about 'getting it right' .... after all, they haven't starved to death in the last xx years smile

On the upside .... a non-snacking DH has to be a good thing, for both health and budget.

Loved the photo caption!!

MsGee Thu 20-Jun-13 06:33:49

Ah thank you MumnGran that's very kind. It's made me realise we all eat too many carbs so am trying to rethink meals slightly. But I won't worry too much. Soup planned for this weekend though! ignores boiling hot weather

grin re photo - I put the piece of A4 there for measurement purposes!

maddy68 Thu 20-Jun-13 07:48:45

3 fookin wedges???? 5 fookin wedges. I'd be starving if I I my had 5 (and I'm a size 8 before you judge ) a grown man would need more than 3!
Plus the fact. He is a grown adult and is probably capable if deciding how much food he wants

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now