Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

Re Potato Wedges and DH - he has agreed to abide by MN decision (trivial)

(263 Posts)
MsGee Tue 18-Jun-13 10:38:20

So MN jury its up to you - DH has agreed that whatever you decide, he will stick with...

Last night we were discussing what to have for tea tonight - agreed quiche and salad. He eats half of a family size quiche.

He thinks this is insufficient (with salad - bog standard so I don't drip feed, lettuce, tomato and cucumber), so I am doing potato wedges with it.

The wedges are big. He wants FIVE. I told him this was pure gluttony and three would be sufficient. He thinks I'm being silly.

<disclaimer, I don't really care either way but was just surprised that my previous meals had been 5 large wedges short of fulfilling grin >

So how many wedges is DH getting for tea then?

However many he wants. Hes a grown man.

QueenStromba Tue 18-Jun-13 10:39:55

Give him five - why wouldn't you?

CMOTDibbler Tue 18-Jun-13 10:41:15

As many wedges as he likes, just like everyone else unless your budget is incredibly tight. In which case more wedges, less quiche.

MayTheOddsBeEverInYourFavour Tue 18-Jun-13 10:42:09

How ever may he wants, why would you only want him to have three?

as many as he wants, stop being a tight arse.

flowery Tue 18-Jun-13 10:42:32

Good grief who on earth has the headspace to be debating how many wedges each person will have for tea tonight?! Just make a load of wedges and dish them out, surely? If he wants 5 give him 5!

NumTumDeDum Tue 18-Jun-13 10:43:31

If you want to be petty, take three ordinary size wedges, and cut two of them in half = 5 wedges.

Incidentally, what else will DH do if MN decrees it?

LifeOfPee Tue 18-Jun-13 10:43:32

Jacket potatoes. Argument over.

flowery Tue 18-Jun-13 10:43:57

(I realise I am being hypocritical in that I'm finding the time to comment on a thread debating numbers of wedges, but I'm avoiding work...)

mrsjay Tue 18-Jun-13 10:44:05

id eat 5 wedges <shrug> and and most some quiche least you dont live with my dh who calls quiche womens food grin

Feminine Tue 18-Jun-13 10:44:25

Are you worried about his weight?

HighBrows Tue 18-Jun-13 10:44:36

I love how trivial this thread is grin

Give him 5 wedges, not one wedge more or less!

FutTheShuckUp Tue 18-Jun-13 10:44:38

First. World. Problem.
Tell ya what, give him fifteen and make sure he clears his plate. That'll learn him.

Oblomov Tue 18-Jun-13 10:45:02

Surprised you need to ask. Atleast 5. As many as the MAN wants.

mrsjay Tue 18-Jun-13 10:45:16

(I realise I am being hypocritical in that I'm finding the time to comment on a thread debating numbers of wedges, but I'm avoiding work...)

I am avoiding housework I think when you get to a wedges thread then it is time to do something

HighBrows Tue 18-Jun-13 10:45:52

If you want to be petty, take three ordinary size wedges, and cut two of them in half = 5 wedges.

NumTum arf! grin grin

plainjaney Tue 18-Jun-13 10:45:54

Its not that simple is it? Is he overweight? Unfit? Health Issues? Does he eat lunch? All would have bearing on how much he ate for an evening meal.

OH and I were both a bit overweight and I'm terrible for 'feeding the street' as he calls it because I always cooked so much. My solution was quite simple.....smaller plates grin
I've dropped from a size 18 to a 12 and he's gone down to a 34 waist from a 38 so its working hehe

grin mrsjay. Womens food? Why?

MsGee Tue 18-Jun-13 10:46:30

Ok, clearly IABU. I don't normally monitor his food in any way. I was just surprised that my previous meals were so lacking.

He can have his five wedges although he might have the five smallest

And yes its petty. We embrace pettiness. And trivia - many conversations are to be had about trivial matters.

Oblomov Tue 18-Jun-13 10:46:43

Is this to do with money or obesity op? If not, why are asking?

Hazelbrowneyes Tue 18-Jun-13 10:47:37

Only 5? I'd probably eat double that blush

MsGee Tue 18-Jun-13 10:49:03

I have no idea what prompted this conversation. He is six foot and slim build (although just starting to show signs of middle age) but I am definitely the fatty in the relationship

I like the idea of giving him fifteen though grin

I am avoiding work mrsjay

Does this get the most trivial and pointless thread award?

Otherworld Tue 18-Jun-13 10:49:58

When you are lurking on threads about wedges it's definitely time to do something. I'm hiding from a document at work.

So, now I have posted I feel better.

Without knowing the size of the wedge it's difficult to comment. Can you provide photos or illustrations of the relative size of wedge vs quiche?

MsGee Tue 18-Jun-13 10:51:21

I think the reason for asking was that I was surprised that a meal that we normally eat (quiche and salad) without complaint was actually so lacking that he needed lots more food to fill him up.

I am a useless cook and its the family joke that when we first got married he would often have dairylea on toast for tea and sometimes he has cereal for tea rather than face whatever I planned to make

Never cooks himself though. (but does all the cleaning).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now