To think pitta bread is just shite?

(152 Posts)
NeoMaxiZoomDweebie Mon 17-Jun-13 19:45:10

I mean...I'm always reading "Make pitta pockets!" and "Fill pitta bread with (insert gorgeous ingredients)

But when you do, it's like eating a brown envelope stuffed with ham etc. Dry, horrid. Again I have bought pittas from Sainsbos only to find they're dry and horrible! They don't even open up properly but crumble...it's the same whenever I buy them..is it the brand or are they just a shitty sandwich?

GrimmaTheNome Sat 22-Jun-13 17:51:52

>Did you know that the hummus and pitta starter at Nandos is nearly 800 calories

I'm sure that home-made pitta and hummus are far less than that and nicer too (there was a hummus thread recently - home made is incredibly easy and you can put in as much or as little oil as you want).

Just realised we're out of bread so I'm going to put on a batch of wholemeal pitta dough now.

GrimmaTheNome Sat 22-Jun-13 20:50:28

No wholemeal bread flour. But had some wholemeal spelt which - despite carefully following the instructions for making bread with it had thus far yielded only bricks. So tried half white bread flour, half spelt - works just fine for pitta smile.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now